Hello there,
    I'm new to BB and have recently purchased BB Tour(Unlocked from Verizon). I'm currently using this phone with "Mobily" service provider in Saudi Arabia.
    I've noticed that if the BB works well ( place calls, receive calls, SMS etc) when the Network Mode is set to 2G.
    If the network mode is set to 3G then basic functionalities like placing calls, receiving calls, SMS etc does not work.
    All the other BB services like emails, Messenger service etc works well in both 3G & 2G.

Can anybody help me out over here?
    09-06-09 03:47 AM
    I'm not familiar with your carrier, but most likely, they don't support the necessary band the Tour needs to utilize 3G. They do support your Tour's EDGE band though, which is why it works in 2G mode, but not in 3G mode. It works in 2G and 3G mode because it's just automatically using 2G.
    09-06-09 04:02 AM
    But then it does not hamper the BB messenger services, Internet services etc. It's just the calls /SMS cannot be made or received.
    09-06-09 06:03 AM
    that is weird, I am throughout europe, using my vodaphone/vzw sim and i have 3G most everywhere, edge once in awhile. I have noticed that everything works great, just like when i'm in the states on cdma. I do notice sometimes it takes a long time for bbms to send out (i assume emails are the same way but have not observed that). Like sometimes it will take 1 or 2 minutes until it sends.
    09-06-09 10:47 AM
    I'm in Jamaica and my provider digicel offers 3g/4g service and I have similar problem. Everything works well in 2g mode but as soon as i successfully subscribe for 3g I have problems with the internet and practically everything to do with communicating on the phone.
    04-20-13 08:36 AM
    how to activate normal internet in bb9630 and the browser icon is missing how to i get that browser icon and how to use my airtel network internet in 9630 please help me out of this
    04-14-15 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD