I just got my tour n now there is another one? I have this fone still new to using it n now it is going to out-dated. geeezz I cant catch up lol
    10-30-09 12:52 PM
    So dont try. I just picked up a bold for free with free shipping and no activation. Do I care if they just came out with the 9700? Nah, maybe I will pickup a 9700 for free next time.
    10-30-09 12:55 PM
    So dont try. I just picked up a bold for free with free shipping and no activation. Do I care if they just came out with the 9700? Nah, maybe I will pickup a 9700 for free next time.
    Bold to 9700 is a different comparison though. The 9700 fixes a lot of the outstanding bold issues such as the 2mp camera and low app memory.

The Tour > Tour 2 is nothing but a trackpad + wifi change.
    10-30-09 01:07 PM
    what your talking about is the Essex. It will come out next summer, roughly a year after the Tour. Its very common to have a phone be replaced after a year by another phone

EDITED..... I just read it might be out by the end of this year! holy crap
    Yeah, when I was considering the Tour, they already were saying it'd be replaced by the end of next summer. I didn't want to wait, so I got the Tour. Now I am hearing that it's coming out 8 months earlier than planned. I don't want the wifi, but I'd like the track pad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 01:36 PM
    I don't want the wifi, but I'd like the track pad.

yeah i can careless for wifi as I dont need it, but I do want the trackpad though.
    10-30-09 01:42 PM
    This is exactly why I no longer renew my contract for 2 years on the smartphones. Regular phones for my wife and children are fine for 2 years but with the pace that RIM and VZW are rolling out new devices, I would rather pay a little more and have the option to upgrade annually if I want to.

10-30-09 02:02 PM
    Bold to 9700 is a different comparison though. The 9700 fixes a lot of the outstanding bold issues such as the 2mp camera and low app memory.

exactly

knowing me, ill sell the tour and buy a tour2 just for the trackpad and wifi

and probably an official 5.0 shipped out of the box
    10-30-09 02:10 PM
    This is exactly why I no longer renew my contract for 2 years on the smartphones. Regular phones for my wife and children are fine for 2 years but with the pace that RIM and VZW are rolling out new devices, I would rather pay a little more and have the option to upgrade annually if I want to.

How much more do you pay for one year then it is 2 years?

10-30-09 02:12 PM
    On verizon you pay 40$ more on the phone for a 1-year contract, but if you are the primary line, you can upgrade yearly on a 2-year contract anyway, you just lose your New Every Two credit.
    10-30-09 02:28 PM

All the more reason to not worry about it. Its like computers, by the time I build one its old news so I just do my thing and buy good hardware when its cheap. Why spend lots of cash when you can stay behind the curve and pay less. Especially when you will never catch up no matter what you do.
    10-30-09 02:37 PM
    How much more do you pay for one year then it is 2 years?

The S2 on VZ 1 year is $209, compared to $179 for 2 years.

So yeah, 2 year contract is a rip off in comparison... One nice thing about VZ over Sprint.
    10-30-09 03:48 PM

So yeah, 2 year contract is a rip off in comparison... One nice thing about VZ over Sprint.
    Unless you're the primary. If so, you get an annual upgrade every 12 mo. Technically you're still in a 2-year contract, but that doesn't make much difference unless you switch carriers a lot. Then again, if you do like to change carriers, 1-year is the way to go.
    10-30-09 04:05 PM
    Unless you're the primary. If so, you get an annual upgrade every 12 mo. Technically you're still in a 2-year contract, but that doesn't make much difference unless you switch carriers a lot. Then again, if you do like to change carriers, 1-year is the way to go.
    Yeah, even then though, the *option* to leave a carrier for whatever reason a year earlier for $30. Totally not worth it imo to go 2 year.
    10-30-09 04:34 PM

so by going yearly, you pay 360.00 more dollars?? That seems like a lot of money considering retail for blackberrys are in the 400 dollar rang if you wanted to buy a brand new blackberry at retail price.
    10-30-09 04:40 PM
    so by going yearly, you pay 360.00 more dollars?? That seems like a lot of money considering retail for blackberrys are in the 400 dollar rang if you wanted to buy a brand new blackberry at retail price.
    Huh? It's a $30 increase on the handset price. One time fee...
    10-30-09 04:51 PM
    Huh? It's a $30 increase on the handset price. One time fee...
    oh.. i thought u were saying 30 bucks more per month....wow, i can handle a 1 time charge of 30 bucks for a 1 year contract!!!
    10-30-09 04:55 PM

Actually, the cost difference varies by phone. For example, the S2 is a $30 difference but the Tour was a $70 difference ($149 for 2 year, $219 for 1 year). Go figure.
    11-01-09 02:04 AM
    i guess what bothers me is the nickel and diming

its not like the trackpad didnt exist when the tour came out

or wifi

its not like 3g didnt exist when the 8900 came out

it was selectively denied to us

at least with a car you can select luxury models and options. if i could i would built out the highest spec blackberry possible. but i couldnt, i was forced to settle for one without a trackpad and wifi, or wait in pain on a storm.
    No one forced you to buy anything.

11-01-09 07:38 AM
    One year costs $70 more.

11-01-09 07:40 AM
    Man..

What is going on here I just got my tour
    11-01-09 07:56 AM
    no, memory is the same.. the only difference is a trackpad and wifi
    Take a look at Sal's video review of the Tour2/essex. It's my understanding that it does have more memory than the original Tour.

dd.
    11-01-09 08:32 AM
    i think its all speculation when and if the tour 2 will be out this year or not...think about how long it took the orig. tour to come out...i expect sometime first quarter which isnt too soon...but we will all have to wait and see i guess..but my tour has been problem free since day one...
    11-01-09 04:36 PM
    why be mad? you bought the tour when you wanted it. if you buy a new laptop a week later they could upgrade it its the same no matter what you do.
    11-01-09 04:40 PM
    Is that a new model Blackberry?
    I dunno, ask jeepzilla.
    11-10-09 06:29 PM
    One year costs $70 more.

Even for $70, not a big difference for a year early contract renewl.
    11-10-09 06:30 PM
111 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD