The release dates change constantly. Even Sal is being speculative. Nobody really knows for sure
    10-28-09 12:19 PM
    The release dates change constantly. Even Sal is being speculative. Nobody really knows for sure
    I totally agree.

I just hate to see everyone not buying phones, waiting for something, getting all anxious and emotional, coming on crackberry and getting mad at release dates, and then yelling at poor customer service at vzw, sprint and others...lol...

My point was, if you need a phone, go get one...there will always be a better one than the last one you purchased right around the corner!
    10-28-09 12:35 PM
    Does Tour 2 uses different speed processor, memory? I know it is running 5.0
    10-28-09 12:36 PM
    Something new and better will always come out. If you wait for the latest and greatest you'll never get a new phone...
    That's what I have to tell myself to keep from getting pissed off.

What really gets to me, though, is that all of the BOGO offers came out 30 days after we got a Tour and Curve 8330.
    10-28-09 12:44 PM
    Does Tour 2 uses different speed processor, memory? I know it is running 5.0
    no, its the same as the Tour 1. essex (tour 2) only adds a trackpad, and WIFI
    10-28-09 12:56 PM
    You get 30 days to return the one you just got if you want to keep waiting until Tour2 comes out.
    Thanks for the tip, but i looked back, and i bought it on Sept 24.

So i guess i will stick with this.
    10-28-09 01:07 PM
    Hmmmm interesting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 01:10 PM
    I have no love for the trackpad, and wifi, but thats me. Im very happy with the current Tour.
    10-28-09 01:13 PM
    I have no love for the trackpad, and wifi, but thats me. Im very happy with the current Tour.
    Same here. I really like my new Tour. I'm not a big fan of the trackpad and I would not probably use the WiFi much. If the Tour 2 is released this year that would make the Tour 1 almost a limited edition release. Very cool!
    10-28-09 01:56 PM
    Whats the point of Wifi if you have a unlimited data plan???
    10-28-09 02:11 PM
    I purchased my Tour the day it was made available by my carrier (July 12th) and I have never had a signal stable enough for my liking (even with all 4 replacements). Therefore, in December (or whenever it gets released) I will gladly welcome WiFi to my Tour experience.
    Good point. I have that problem too.

Also, I've been a somewhat vocal critic that the trackpad isn't very good, due to it not responding well if your thumb is moist from sweat or if you're in a humid environment... but at least with the trackpad it will work MOST of the time, whereas the current Tour trackball has problems ALL of the time.

I'm ticked that I would have to pay money to get this new phone, where the current Tour should have had these problems fixed out of the box.
    10-28-09 02:12 PM
    Good point. I have that problem too.

Also, I've been a somewhat vocal critic that the trackpad isn't very good, due to it not responding well if your thumb is moist from sweat or if you're in a humid environment... but at least with the trackpad it will work MOST of the time, whereas the current Tour trackball has problems ALL of the time.

I'm ticked that I would have to pay money to get this new phone, where the current Tour should have had these problems fixed out of the box.
    someone pay this man! he speaks the gospel!
    10-28-09 02:18 PM
    is the trackpad better than the trackball?

the trackball on my tour sucks big time.
    10-28-09 02:20 PM
    I guess I'm just lucky...I break a phone/year, so I'm always current
    10-28-09 02:30 PM
    I guess I'm just lucky...I break a phone/year, so I'm always current
    well, even if you "break" your phone after the Tour 2 comes out, what makes you think they wont just give you an old refurb tour
    10-28-09 02:35 PM
    well, even if you "break" your phone after the Tour 2 comes out, what makes you think they wont just give you an old refurb tour
    cus there are thousands of refurbed tours floating around
    10-28-09 02:40 PM
    The issue here seems to be in a name. If this phone was just called the essex and not labeled as the Tour2, would we be talkin about this? Most likely not. Phones come out every year. New phones, new names, new hardware, new OS. It's what rim and every other phone company does to earn profit.
    I have the Tour. Like it. I'd like the Essex too just to get a new phone butr that's the risk we run when we buy any phone. Unless they discontinue to Tour, any trade-ins would likely be for the original. Just my 2 cents. Not tryin to be rude or anything. I've been thru enuf bbs to know the routine. Hey, at least it's progress.

10-28-09 02:47 PM
    i guess what bothers me is the nickel and diming

its not like the trackpad didnt exist when the tour came out

or wifi

its not like 3g didnt exist when the 8900 came out

it was selectively denied to us

at least with a car you can select luxury models and options. if i could i would built out the highest spec blackberry possible. but i couldnt, i was forced to settle for one without a trackpad and wifi, or wait in pain on a storm.
    10-28-09 02:47 PM
    I am a little upset that it's coming out so soon. Would have liked Wifi. But it's ok. By the time I need a new device, tour 4 might be released.
    10-28-09 02:49 PM
    i guess what bothers me is the nickel and diming

its not like the trackpad didnt exist when the tour came out

or wifi

its not like 3g didnt exist when the 8900 came out

it was selectively denied to us

at least with a car you can select luxury models and options. if i could i would built out the highest spec blackberry possible. but i couldnt, i was forced to settle for one without a trackpad and wifi, or wait in pain on a storm.
    The trackpd actually was not ready for production when the tour was in final production. And Verizon is to blame for the wifi they choose to not have it.

10-28-09 02:51 PM
    THere will always be something bigger, better, and faster than the device you/I just bought. You all don't think that there is a "Storm 3" released in a year from now or another Tour set for launch after the Essex? It sucks for us, but RIM and the major carriers know they have us where they want us. Damn it! I hate being an addict!
    10-28-09 03:00 PM
    ^^^ lol yes very true...these carriers have phone lined up for production years ahead before the release to the public. Its how they make money. As for me I love the tour and just got it about a month ago. The upgrades mentioned on the tour 2 dnt upset me to the point in gettting a new one but it is disheartening thinking you just got the latest and greatest and then they release a new one lol...oh well Im content with my tour and a 8gig memory
    10-28-09 03:11 PM
    If this comes out in the next few weeks I am calling Sprint to get my Tour 2. I just bought mine last Wednesday! But really do I want the Wi-fi and trackpad? Hmmm good question. I have lived by the motto if it ain't broke don't go buy a new one.
    10-28-09 03:24 PM
    Whats the point of Wifi if you have a unlimited data plan???
    Being a World Phone, having the ability to use WiFi in countries where you don't have a data connection is very beneficial. I'm sure a lot of people won't need WiFi on a daily basis, but having the option to use it is worth having. I myself got the Tour (I'm on my second purchase, and still within my 30 days to return), but I'm not at a point where having WiFi (or a trackpad) breaks the deal for me. I'm eligible for an upgrade next August, so I'll see what BB has to offer by then.
    10-28-09 03:25 PM
    Being a World Phone, having the ability to use WiFi in countries where you don't have a data connection is very beneficial. I'm sure a lot of people won't need WiFi on a daily basis, but having the option to use it is worth having. I myself got the Tour (I'm on my second purchase, and still within my 30 days to return), but I'm not at a point where having WiFi (or a trackpad) breaks the deal for me. I'm eligible for an upgrade next August, so I'll see what BB has to offer by then.
    Ahh I see. Thanks for the clarification

10-28-09 03:31 PM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD