They have to be kidding
    10-28-09 11:15 AM
    Kinda what I thought. Just bought a Tour last week and mailed in the Rebate. Oh well, still happy with what I have.
    10-28-09 11:16 AM
    you knew they were gonna add a trackpad for CDMA network Blackberries...didn't you?

i can live without the trackpad and wifi
    10-28-09 11:17 AM
    what your talking about is the Essex. It will come out next summer, roughly a year after the Tour. Its very common to have a phone be replaced after a year by another phone

EDITED..... I just read it might be out by the end of this year! holy crap
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 10-28-09 at 11:20 AM.
    10-28-09 11:18 AM
    It also is supposed to have more memory. Wish I would have waited for this or the Droid to come out before switching to Verizon and getting the Tour, but apparently I didn't do enough research.
    10-28-09 11:23 AM
    It also is supposed to have more memory. Wish I would have waited for this or the Droid to come out before switching to Verizon and getting the Tour, but apparently I didn't do enough research.
    no, memory is the same.. the only difference is a trackpad and wifi
    10-28-09 11:26 AM
    If this thing comes out before year end I will be really pissed. I just got my Tour (just passed the 30 days) and the only reason I did not get the 9700 is b/c I wanted to stick with Verizon. I waited about 5 months to upgrade and had I known this would be out so soon I would have just waited another month or so. Nice one, Verizon. Great way to screw your loyal customers.
    10-28-09 11:32 AM
    Its coming out 2010 2nd quarter.

There will always be a new phone to replace other phones. We'd never have a phone if we all just kept waiting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 11:32 AM

There will always be a new phone to replace other phones. We'd never have a phone if we all just kept waiting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    its coming out before xmas this year now.... look on the first page.. kevin put up a video of it saying it might even be out before xmas this year
    10-28-09 11:33 AM

How do you know?

Last I heard is it's likely that it'll be released by late December.
    10-28-09 11:39 AM
    kind of disappointed as i just got the tour in early October. oh well, don't really need the wifi, and have never used trackpad, so i don't know what i am missing.
    10-28-09 11:41 AM
    Something new and better will always come out. If you wait for the latest and greatest you'll never get a new phone...
    10-28-09 11:41 AM
    If it comes out before year end I will be really PISSED. I know that there are always new versions but for a new version to come out in less than 6 months, well, that's just not right. It would be nice if we were able to get some sort of discounted upgrade but that's not likely is it??? My Tour works just fine but would've liked the wi fi and trackpad.
    10-28-09 11:43 AM
    Yeah man, I felt the same way. Some are saying they are going say they aren't satisfied with the FIRST Tour and get their money back then buy the Tour2. Guessing this would be for people who bought it in the last 2weeks. I don't know if they are going be successful, though.
    10-28-09 11:44 AM
    Another thought, if it's just a wifi module (isn't there room) and a trackpad, how difficult would it be for them to offer an upgrade kit?
    10-28-09 11:46 AM
    Doesn't help people who got it during the first 4-6 weeks (and longer), like me. I would love that trackpad. This trackball is the ULTIMATE FAIL. I'm happy with everything else.
    10-28-09 11:47 AM
    I purchased my Tour the day it was made available by my carrier (July 12th) and I have never had a signal stable enough for my liking (even with all 4 replacements). Therefore, in December (or whenever it gets released) I will gladly welcome WiFi to my Tour experience.
    10-28-09 11:47 AM
    I purchased my Tour the day it was made available by my carrier (July 12th) and I have never had a signal stable enough for my liking (even with all 4 replacements). Therefore, in December (or whenever it gets released) I will gladly welcome WiFi to my Tour experience.

I suspect you mean that you will have a "technical" problem with it and when you get the refurb replacement, it will be the Tour2?
    10-28-09 11:49 AM
    im pissed--- i held on to the storm waiting for OS updates to fix the bugs
    instead of dumping it within 30days... now this.. i for sure may jump ship and go
    to ATT for the Blod soon
    10-28-09 12:01 PM
    I have a Tour 9630 but i'm still elligible for an upgrade so I'll likely get this when it comes out. Unless they figure out how to make the Storm 2 live up to all the hype.
    10-28-09 12:04 PM
    kind of disappointed as i just got the tour in early October. oh well, don't really need the wifi, and have never used trackpad, so i don't know what i am missing.
    You get 30 days to return the one you just got if you want to keep waiting until Tour2 comes out.
    10-28-09 12:07 PM
    So the only difference is a trackpad and wifi? Okay. Someone was telling me this new phone was suppose to be a "highly" upgraded verison. Now I don't feel so bad for getting my Tour last week.
    10-28-09 12:07 PM
    I suspect you mean that you will have a "technical" problem with it and when you get the refurb replacement, it will be the Tour2?
    Nope. I'm going to use the upgrade credit on my second line and buy a brand new Essex, then sell the Tour.
    10-28-09 12:13 PM
    That's a pretty big upgrade especially given all the trackball problems tour users had.
    10-28-09 12:13 PM
    its coming out before xmas this year now.... look on the first page.. kevin put up a video of it saying it might even be out before xmas this year
    Solomondrin said it was coming out in 2010 Q2.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/if...it-one-348830/

Kevin said they are ramping up production, and the original date was jan or feb o 2010. Then said he thinks Verizon and others would LIKE to see it by the holidays....never said it WAS coming out then....he stated a more wishful thinking type of scenario...not a date!
    10-28-09 12:16 PM
111 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD