So after a few days of struggling with the droid I have decided to go back to my tour. Blackberry is just so much easier to use. I don't if anyone else has done this same thing but I love blackberry and I don't know if I can ever get another phone other than a blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 06:19 PM
    A lot of people came back from the Droid and the Hero platform including myself. Welcome back.

12-07-09 06:27 PM
    I did the same. Had the droid for 11 days..........of irritation.
    12-07-09 06:27 PM
    Remember to update your profiles.
    12-07-09 06:34 PM
    I came back after the Hero, nothing like a BB!

12-07-09 06:42 PM
    Welcome back, I'm a dedicated BB user myself...
    12-07-09 06:45 PM
    Yup, had the Hero and lasted for two weeks and got the TOUR and love it!!!
    12-07-09 06:57 PM
    Its funny seeing all the Droid owners coming back to using a Blackberry again...I guess all the hype is done with the Droid and people are noticing they want there Blackberrys back
    12-07-09 07:06 PM
    I am surprised, I have the Tour but I want the Droid.
    12-07-09 07:07 PM
    Its funny seeing all the Droid owners coming back to using a Blackberry again...I guess all the hype is done with the Droid and people are noticing they want there Blackberrys back
    Some just want an awesome communicating tool, which the BlackBerry is...
    12-07-09 07:08 PM
    why did you guys leave the droid and go back to the tour

i am gonna get a tour or droid in a couple months and im trying to decide
    12-07-09 08:07 PM
    Well I have had many blackberrys and they are just so nice and easy to use. It feels good to be back on my berry. LOL. The droid is just for people with no life and wanna download apps all day. Haha

12-07-09 08:50 PM
    There is a lot to be said for the BlackBerry, which is considered by the folks who dis on it as inferior because it is a tad 'old' OS wise, but it is stable, and once you use it for a bit, quite intuitive.

But it works, and for messaging and emails, much easier to deal with than some of these 'wunderkinds' that are new to the market.

Like SD, I'm a dedicated BlackBerry user, because it works.

12-07-09 08:50 PM
    Most people rant and rave about <insert phone here> but forget that eventually the "newness" wears off...

Then it comes down to comfortability, speed, and ease of use.
    12-07-09 08:53 PM
    so how does browsing the net compare tour to droid?
    12-07-09 08:54 PM
    Any newer OSes and with webkit based browsers it's not even going to be a comparison...
    12-07-09 08:56 PM
    i take that to mean the newer is faster and better?
    12-07-09 08:59 PM
    Yeah, you can browse to and from full blown, completely mobile unfriendly pages with pretty good speed on devices like the iPhone, Pre, Droid, etc.

There's no comparison until the BB browser revamp comes around next year.
    12-07-09 09:00 PM
    well i also had the droid for 11 days and went back to a blackberry had the storm since it came out now im currently useing the tour so far so good but i know ill get used to it bb are the best
    12-07-09 09:05 PM
    I know this is about the Droid, or an Android based phone, but I agree about using Blackberry devices. I was a long time WinMo device user. 7 or 8 years long. I was waiting patiently for the Tour to be released ever since I read about it. It is my first Blackberry and I couldn't be happier. As previously stated...everything on a Blackberry just works. Quite a change from WinMo. Everything, from my limited experience, is seamlessly integrated and very intuative. The only thing I missed after switching was true "threaded texting" but after installing 5.0 OS that gripe was resolved.

I don't blame or berate people for expressing interest in other platforms, but for me Blackberry is where it is at. If they keep embrace inovation without effecting usability I can't foresee using anything but Blackberries.

12-07-09 10:24 PM
    Im back to my Tour after using the Droid Eris for a while. It was nice and all but in the end blackberry is MUCH more functional and easier to use on a day to day basis.

The only thing I will truly miss are the high quality Youtube videos that I could get on the Eris. But its probably only a mater of time before blackberry gets it to.
    12-08-09 02:44 AM
    The Droid is far superior in this aspect
    12-08-09 05:36 AM
    People are getting the Droid and returning it huge. I played with it for about an hour while I was waiting in the store for assistance with my wireless internet USB it died and needed a new one. Anyways, I am very tech savvy and I did not like it. I don't like the feel of the keyboard and the darn thing is just too bulky for me. Grant it, Google has a lot of fantastic apps, but I just prefer the Tour and BB anyway. I had sold wireless for a few yrs and I know the phones fairly well. I think once the hype has calmed down, people will know what is good. I do like the iphone but I love my TOUR I have the best of both.....Verizon and my Tour
    My brother has the Droid and he likes it but I have two friends who are taking it back and getting the Tour. It is a preference.
    12-08-09 02:12 PM
    i agree with ^him. it's all personal preference. i hate living in fear of rebooting my device or update/installing an app. i've bricked my phone so much that it's just ridiculous. i cannot wait to move to an Android device. My year cannot come soon enough. if you don't revolve a lot of online activities/apps around google, you're obviously going to dislike the Droid
    12-08-09 02:27 PM
    thanks for the info
    12-08-09 07:55 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD