alright I finally after 3 years have convinced my wife to get a blackberry She had a motorola rival and verizon wanted to start charging her for data, and I told her that I wanted her to actually be able to use data and it would be worth it for just like 15 bucks more a month to get a blackberry..well her tour arrived this weekend, and so far so good, her only complaint is, the size compared to past phones, but I think in time that will wear off! glad to see blackberry is liked by wives, business men, teens, and just about everyone!!!
    01-19-10 03:08 PM
    She will love it! Way to go... My VZW 9630 is the best BB I've owned yet. Give it time and she will be hooked. The bulk of the phone isn't bad so long as you aren't using some massive case or holster.
    01-19-10 03:41 PM
    But the bootup time is excrutiating...which is why I passed it on to my wife!!!!!!
    01-19-10 03:42 PM
    Pretty soon she will be wondering how she survived without it!
    01-19-10 03:43 PM
    But the bootup time is excrutiating...which is why I passed it on to my wife!!!!!!
    VERY true. Boots for the 9630 are insanity. Sounds like the upcoming 5.0 is going to improve that all greatly though...
    01-19-10 03:47 PM
    Yeah boot times on a tour with 5.0 are significantly shorter

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 04:02 PM
    I boot in under 3 minutes with the .419/.421 hybrid.

01-19-10 04:16 PM
    I can hardly wait for sprint to release .419 so i wont have to wait 4-6 min for a reboot.
    01-19-10 04:28 PM
    glad to see blackberry is liked by wives, business men, teens, and just about everyone!!!
    This is a great comment and interesting to think about. BB's really do span the entire spectrum.
    01-19-10 04:37 PM

im with this guy!

upgrade to the 5.0os and add the hybrid. you'll be getting boots at less than 2 minutes! i timed mine and it boots at 1minute 56seconds. no more 5 minute boot times!!
    01-19-10 04:52 PM
    im with this guy!

upgrade to the 5.0os and add the hybrid. you'll be getting boots at less than 2 minutes! i timed mine and it boots at 1minute 56seconds. no more 5 minute boot times!!
    I'm actually under a minute with no hybrids. One of the lucky ones I guess.
    01-19-10 09:45 PM
    whats the hybrid thing you guys are referring to?
    01-19-10 09:52 PM

Ouch for me. It takes me over 9 minutes to boot. It was under 6 right after I upgraded to the leaked .419.
    01-19-10 10:50 PM
    My bootup time is right around 2 mins w/ the .419 os and .436 hybrid. I've never officially timed it, but it blows 4.7 and the .230 5.0 out of the water. It's no longer painful for me to restart.

01-20-10 03:21 AM
    alright I finally after 3 years have convinced my wife to get a blackberry She had a motorola rival and verizon wanted to start charging her for data, and I told her that I wanted her to actually be able to use data and it would be worth it for just like 15 bucks more a month to get a blackberry..well her tour arrived this weekend, and so far so good, her only complaint is, the size compared to past phones, but I think in time that will wear off! glad to see blackberry is liked by wives, business men, teens, and just about everyone!!!
    blackberry 9650 tour2 will be out next month
    01-20-10 04:35 AM
    My only complaint with my tour is battery life since I'm a BB addict but its a great phone and I have 4 chargers including my car charger to fight off the deadly yellow LED light

01-20-10 05:20 AM
    How do you know this?
    01-20-10 07:28 AM
    How do you know this?
    It has been speculated far and wide that the 9650 will launch for VZW the week of Feb 3rd.
    01-20-10 07:45 AM

I also recently got my GF a Blackberry (her's is a curve). She LOVES it. First thing I did was load up OS 5. Once that was done I had her create an account on Crackberry (xxlaura522xx) she hasn't done much posting but I know she checks out the free themes on here regularly.

Also just this past weekend got the old man to go from his 2005 flip phone P.O.S. to the Storm2. He hasnt stopped BBM'ing me since...
    01-20-10 07:58 AM
    Can you provide a link that backs that up? I have 2 friends waiting to get Tour 2's.

01-20-10 08:07 AM
    I also recently got my GF a Blackberry (her's is a curve). She LOVES it.
    I hope you like this girl! Otherwise, you're paying a $350 EFT if it goes south! LOL....I did that once and it cost me the $175 and I wasn't happy, but worth the "cut away" fee as I called it...
    01-20-10 08:20 AM
    I hope you like this girl! Otherwise, you're paying a $350 EFT if it goes south! LOL....I did that once and it cost me the $175 and I wasn't happy, but worth the "cut away" fee as I called it...
    LOL! Yeah she got me my very first blackberry (8703e) 4 years ago. I figured I could return the favor at some point.
    01-20-10 08:22 AM
    Guys I am no newb...of course the first thing I did was load up a 5.0 hybrid for her!! By the way she is now up to 5 blackberry messenger friends within our friends and family group...and typical woman every time I ask her how she likes it she says..its ok.....of course during every commercial break of 24 last night (dvr'd) she would grab her berry and "check" things out lol.

01-20-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD