Just called about getting a free trial on the PTT and the guy told me that they have extended the sign up period until tomorrow, he said something about you were supposed to sign up by the 15th?

Anywho he told me to call the marketing dept to add the service at 8am so I'll let ya know how I make out.

Anyone else have the free trial?
    Last edited by jmb320; 03-30-10 at 07:34 AM.
    03-30-10 06:53 AM
    Well somehow I just ended up with ptt free for both of my lines(tours) free for the duration of my contract.
    03-30-10 07:09 AM
    Well somehow I just ended up with ptt free for both of my lines(tours) free for the duration of my contract.
    what?? really?? how the **** did you do that?
    03-30-10 07:30 AM
    what?? really?? how the **** did you do that?
    Funny.

But what I want to know is how does it work? Don't you need others with Tours (since its the only bb with ptt) to also be on it? Otherwise, isnt it just like using a speakerphone?

Sounds more like something a husband and wife, family, or business would use if they all had the same phone. Although I don't wanna hear the tweek, beep, and loud talking about fluffy's **** operation at the 7-11 while im getting my coffee...

So if you're the only one with it, isnt it worthless?
    03-30-10 07:43 AM
    Funny.

But what I want to know is how does it work? Don't you need others with Tours (since its the only bb with ptt) to also be on it? Otherwise, isnt it just like using a speakerphone?

Sounds more like something a husband and wife, family, or business would use if they all had the same phone. Although I don't wanna hear the tweek, beep, and loud talking about fluffy's **** operation at the 7-11 while im getting my coffee...

Its for Tours, and some of the other verizon phones that already have PTT on the phones. I talked to Verizon yesterday trying to get more info from them on PTT. PTT is just like using a walky talky, but can be used on anyone of Verizons phones that have PTT, but the other person must have PTT installed on there phone too.

this comes in handy in my line of work though in construction, very easy to get a hold of someone fast
    03-30-10 07:46 AM
    Funny.

Since it's free I'm going to try it, i'll be using it on the 2 phones stated above. Mine and my wifes. I have a few friends with the tour, mostly close friends so if they can get the same deal it will be something new to play with and see where it goes.
    03-30-10 07:48 AM
    Since it's free I'm going to try it, i'll be using it on the 2 phones stated above. Mine and my wifes. I have a few friends with the tour, mostly close friends so if they can get the same deal it will be something new to play with and see where it goes.
    its not free though. thats why I'm asking how you got it for free for the rest of your contract? I know there is a limited free trial, but how long does the free trial go before you pay 5 bucks a month?
    03-30-10 07:49 AM
    Ah...cool. keep us posted on how it works..ok?? thanks
    03-30-10 07:50 AM
    Its for Tours, and some of the other verizon phones that already have PTT on the phones. I talked to Verizon yesterday trying to get more info from them on PTT. PTT is just like using a walky talky, but can be used on anyone of Verizons phones that have PTT, but the other person must have PTT installed on there phone too.

this comes in handy in my line of work though in construction, very easy to get a hold of someone fast
    Thanks MJB...appreciate it. I don't know anyone with PTT, and don't think i want it at this point, but just curious..thanks again
    03-30-10 07:51 AM
    its not free though. thats why I'm asking how you got it for free for the rest of your contract? I know there is a limited free trial, but how long does the free trial go before you pay 5 bucks a month?
    Not sure how long the trial goes, I started off asking about a free trial and she said she can give it to me free for the remainder of my contract sometime around 4/11/11. She even said it will probably stay there after unless I remove it and try to add it again.
    03-30-10 07:54 AM
    Not sure how long the trial goes, I started off asking about a free trial and she said she can give it to me free for the remainder of my contract sometime around 4/11/11. She even said it will probably stay there after unless I remove it and try to add it again.
    wow.. you got a year free??? thats insane good job
    03-30-10 07:55 AM
    Got it all setup on my phone, will add to my wifes when she gets home. I had to install the official vzw 5.0 because the leak I was on was missing some file. (said it when I tried to install from app center)

keep ya posted
    03-30-10 07:56 AM
    After upgrading to OS5.0. I called verizon and had the free trial of pTT put on my contract/account. The tech told me that it will be free for the remainder of my contract, and i jsut started this contract last month =D SCORE!.

i think it might be free for the remainder of the contract for anyone that calls. HE said it will be for a month or so but someoen else posted tomorrow is the last day
    03-30-10 10:43 AM
    I had to call twice till I got someone who was willing to was to look for the feature. She said the promotion was free till June. But, the first lad was insistent that the free service was only to new BB Business customers. The second CC put me on hold and actually looked, and said this just started today, and things change so quickly, its hard to keep up with it.
    03-30-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD