Okay I've searched the forums coming up empty so I just have to ask it.

How the heck do I turn off the Blackberry melody that chimes during power on and power off? For the life of me I can't find the setting in the phone's menus and I could've sworn that I accidentally turned it on when I first got the phone and began playing with the settings. Someone please help!
    01-25-10 04:28 AM
    I've never owned a BlackBerry that made a melody on startup, that's strange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 05:34 AM
    Mine does not make any sounds. Are you using any 3rd party software that may provide that as an option?
    01-25-10 08:28 AM
    To enable/disable event sounds, go to Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility. At least, that's where I found them on 5.0.0.419.

With the event sounds, you're also alerted to when you connect/disconnect a USB cable, headphones, and when the battery is fully charged and critically low.
    StorminNC likes this.
    01-25-10 08:43 AM
    To enable/disable event sounds, go to Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility. At least, that's where I found them on 5.0.0.419.

With the event sounds, you're also alerted to when you connect/disconnect a USB cable, headphones, and when the battery is fully charged and critically low.
    Well ain't that a blip! Thanks wouldya! I always wondered why my BB didn't make any noise when turning it on/off! Learn something new everyday!
    01-25-10 11:05 AM
    Well ain't that a blip! Thanks wouldya! I always wondered why my BB didn't make any noise when turning it on/off! Learn something new everyday!
    I didnt know that either, and its a decent sound too, i turned mine on
    01-25-10 11:49 AM
    Never knew this either. Anyone try out the other options like color contrast. Looks really cool.
    01-25-10 11:57 AM
    Yup that did it! Thank you wouldya!
    01-25-10 06:58 PM
    Wouldya believe it? YeAH... great TYVM
    01-01-11 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD