Is anyone else having a problem with their Blackberry Maps on their Tour? on my old Curve, it would show the streets and their names on the map. On my Tour, it only shows the green and pink background. Is there a setting I've forgotten about to overlay the streets onto the map, or is something messed up with my Maps?
    07-28-09 11:24 PM
    Is anyone else having a problem with their Blackberry Maps on their Tour? on my old Curve, it would show the streets and their names on the map. On my Tour, it only shows the green and pink background. Is there a setting I've forgotten about to overlay the streets onto the map, or is something messed up with my Maps?
    Very likely the latter. You might try (I've never done this) deleting BBmaps off the handheld, then restoring it from the Application Loader in the Desktop Manager (Do a backup first!!); perhaps even a handheld wipe/restore (select save the third-party programs option to save yourself time and effort in this case).

I started using BBmaps after I got my Tour because the text in Google maps rendered down so small in the Tour's display, and there's nothing that I could do to change it (BBmaps has a font size control which works nicely). It works better than ever with the Tour's fast processor and fast downlload speeds.

P.S. I see you may be a newbie. Before wiping/deleting anything, be sure and get all the info & instructions necessary to safely perform those procedures!
    Last edited by ArGiEs; 07-28-09 at 11:54 PM.
    07-28-09 11:51 PM
    Very likely the latter. You might try (I've never done this) deleting BBmaps off the handheld, then restoring it from the Application Loader in the Desktop Manager (Do a backup first!!); perhaps even a handheld wipe/restore (select save the third-party programs option to save yourself time and effort in this case).

I started using BBmaps after I got my Tour because the text in Google maps rendered down so small in the Tour's display, and there's nothing that I could do to change it (BBmaps has a font size control which works nicely). It works better than ever with the Tour's fast processor and fast downlload speeds.

P.S. I see you may be a newbie. Before wiping/deleting anything, be sure and get all the info & instructions necessary to safely perform those procedures!
    Well crap. I was hoping there was a setting I had forgotten about. So everything map-wise is working on your Tour? I guess I will go ahead and reinstall Blackberry Maps. I'll post back if it starts to work correctly.

P.S. Not so much a newbie as I just lurk through the forums\blogs and don't post until I have problems. As you can see with my post count, not many problems with Blackberries
    07-29-09 12:33 PM
    Well crap. I was hoping there was a setting I had forgotten about. So everything map-wise is working on your Tour? I guess I will go ahead and reinstall Blackberry Maps. I'll post back if it starts to work correctly.

P.S. Not so much a newbie as I just lurk through the forums\blogs and don't post until I have problems. As you can see with my post count, not many problems with Blackberries
    It was late at night when I posted my reply; I should have said, "pull the battery!" - but you probably already know that.

Yes, everything in BBmaps seems to work fine - at least the stuff that I use (which is the basic realtime GPS display & map functions.
    07-29-09 09:01 PM
    Yeah well unfortunately, re installing BB Maps has changed absolutely nothing. Crap. Any other ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 02:35 AM
    By any chance are you zoomed out a lot?
    07-31-09 02:44 AM
    I have been zoomed in and out with no change. All it shows is the lovely pink and green background.
    08-01-09 01:33 PM
    I had the EXACT same problem, you have to download the OS from Blackberry.com and wipe and reinstall it. I don't have a link for the instructions, but I'm sure someone else will post them. DO make sure you do a backup via Desktop manager.

Edit: here is the link to JL_cmdr

here is the link for the OS Verizon Tour OS
    Last edited by Nucleartx; 08-01-09 at 01:51 PM.
    08-01-09 01:42 PM
    I have to do a full wipe and reinstall? I'll try that later today. I'm glad someone else has had this problem since I was beginning to wonder if I was crazy, since I hadn't seen any other threads about the problem with BBMaps. I will let everyone know how the full wipe goes. Thanks.
    08-01-09 01:52 PM
    hm, im getting the same problem with the maps.. green and pink only

are you guys sure it must be necessary to to a clean wipe and reinstall?
    cause itd be awefully hard for me to do cause I have a mac
    08-01-09 02:49 PM
    I had the exact same problem. Here is the exact fix... Make sure you do it through manager though...
    Here's exactly what I did.
    Uninstall BB Maps > switch to E911 > reinstall BB Maps > switch back to location on

08-01-09 03:10 PM
    Things like this generally happen when my children get their hands on my BB
    08-01-09 03:13 PM
    where do we reinstall bb maps.. in bb app world?
    08-01-09 03:15 PM
    Reinstall from the desktop manager. Its a checkbox. To uninstall take the checkmark off and to reinstall check it off again
    The important part though is setting the location as I described above

08-01-09 05:00 PM
    I would just use google maps its a lot better than bb maps
    08-01-09 06:32 PM
    Try the settings change before going through the wipe and re- install
    08-01-09 06:42 PM
    Call me an ***** cause I'm using a MAC so I have to install BB Desktop Manager on my desktop. But where is this E911 location switch that we are suppose to change it to before we reinstall BB Desktop Manager?
    08-08-09 05:34 AM
    I had the exact same problem. Here is the exact fix... Make sure you do it through manager though...
    Here's exactly what I did.
    Uninstall BB Maps > switch to E911 > reinstall BB Maps > switch back to location on

I had the same issue with my new Tour. I followed your directions and it worked perfectly. Thank you!
    08-15-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD