I enabled my GPS and everything but for every address i enter the location is never found, i do know what addresses look like. I have tried the advanced mode as well. Is there something I need to update? I can find my location fine with the GPS but trying to actually type in locations is impossible. Anyone have this problem?

I live in NYC if that helps, so it's not like it can be unmapped.

yes i have the required data plan with verizon
    08-19-09 12:24 AM
    Try google maps, way better app
    08-19-09 12:26 AM
    i have it installed as well, but i'd like to use blackberry because of the gps feature
    08-19-09 12:29 AM
    Google maps has GPS. works perfect on my 8900. Never liked BB maps
    08-19-09 12:35 AM
    Try hitting GPS Navigation first. It seems less picky, or tries more often. Had the same problem on my 8830, and now my Tour.
    08-19-09 12:53 AM
    agree with google maps.
    08-19-09 12:57 AM
    Agreed BB maps sucks, stick with Google!
    08-19-09 04:57 AM
    Yes, I have the same problem. I got find location and it sits on 'searching for satelites' when I select on Where Am I?
    09-22-09 03:05 PM
    Yes, I have the same problem. I got find location and it sits on 'searching for satelites' when I select on Where Am I?
    sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.
    the nature of the beast i suppose.

some days i'll get a lock in 2 seconds and some days it won't lock whatsoever. i've asked the same question as the OP and gotten no real response.. it just doesn't work sometimes for some people. it's not an isolated problem though and if you brought it back and said the gps didn't work you could probably get a replacement so long as it didn't work at that moment.
    09-22-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD