I got this blackberry tour about a month ago but recently started having issues with it locking up while doing various things such as writing a text message, unlocking the keyboard or just scrolling through apps or doing just about anything can cause it. The freeze lasts for about 1 to 2 minutes and happens about 5 - 8 times a day. I do a battery pull reset about once every day as well. Anyone got any ideas on what may be causing this or how to fix it?
    09-22-09 02:00 PM
    Have you added apps that constantly update automatically? That would be the issue. Having the apps access stuff to update.
    09-22-09 02:53 PM
    That and make sure you delete some of your msgs and such. I had a customer come in yesterday with over 3000 text msgs and his phone was just a nightmare of lags. Cleaned those up and everything ran much quicker right away.
    09-22-09 03:02 PM
    yeah i delete my messages and stuff on pretty much a daily basis along with the soft reset also occurs before i even start up any of the apps....its quite peculiar
    09-22-09 03:09 PM
    That and make sure you delete some of your msgs and such. I had a customer come in yesterday with over 3000 text msgs and his phone was just a nightmare of lags. Cleaned those up and everything ran much quicker right away.
    how'd you know he had over 3k msgs? is there a counter somewhere in the phone or somin?

also, unlocking the keyboard freeze is a lil bug in the OS. they fixed it on the new software that was rls'd for a little bit but then pulled after a few hours of being out. so look forward to that most likely getting fixed in the next OS update that they release
    09-22-09 03:43 PM
    how'd you know he had over 3k msgs? is there a counter somewhere in the phone or somin?

also, unlocking the keyboard freeze is a lil bug in the OS. they fixed it on the new software that was rls'd for a little bit but then pulled after a few hours of being out. so look forward to that most likely getting fixed in the next OS update that they release
    Go to options>status and then hit the menu key and database sizes. Thats where you can find how the amt of text msgs/mms/messages/content store/call logs etc
    09-22-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD