Does anyone have issues with Gmail messing up their contacts? I've tried adding the app to my Tour twice and both times it screwed up contacts, mixied them around or deleted them all together. For instance, I would have two separate contacts and it would mix their names and information, such as taking a contact named Thomas Green and another named Russell Smith and combining them into Russell Green, Thomas Smith, etc., etc. Anyone else experience this?
    07-23-10 05:59 PM
    Yep, happened to many people. Thats the reason I wont use it myself.
    07-23-10 07:29 PM
    Yep, happened to many people. Thats the reason I wont use it myself.
    ditto. It's happened to me and I gave up on it a long time ago.
    07-23-10 08:31 PM
    Yeah, I had a similar occurrence. I unchecked the sync contacts checkbox in Gmail and several months later, it managed to get checked again. Do you know how to find the contact sync checkbox in your BIS?
    07-23-10 10:11 PM
    HI
    I have had issues with google sync to my tour as well. Names will sync, emails will go to another name in the address book, ignore #s altogether!! Weirder is that it only happens to certain people.

Do you sync to facebook contacts as well? I do and I am thinking there is some sort of connection or misconnection there.
    07-24-10 06:00 AM
    Same problem here, with Google contacts, but unlike websocialite I've had zero problems with Googles calander app.
    07-25-10 07:47 PM
    Are we talking about Google Sync or BIS-Gmail contact sync?
    07-26-10 09:20 AM
    Are we talking about Google Sync or BIS-Gmail contact sync?
    I believe BIS Gmail contact sync.

I did it once, and it was awful, screwed up a bunch of my contacts, I have since disabled it. I was wondering today if it had gotten fixed, obviously not...
    07-26-10 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD