Well this is the first time of ever owning a phone that I have to replace one under warranty. I have the Blackberry Tour 9630 from Verizon. Well I went to use App World and it froze. So I took out the battery, and when I put the battery back in, it would start the reboot, but then would restart itself. It continued to do that. I took it to the Verizon store, and they said its dead. I have to wait on a new one. Oh well. Still pretty good. Had it since December of last year.
    06-12-10 04:23 PM
    Well since Verizon is sending you one you can wait, but you probably could have just wiped the OS from the device and reloaded it and it should work just fine.
    06-12-10 04:24 PM
    Well since Verizon is sending you one you can wait, but you probably could have just wiped the OS from the device and reloaded it and it should work just fine.
    I can't even get the phone to turn on all the way to even do that. So that wouldn't work at all. It restarts, gets to the BlackBerry screen and then reboots again.
    06-12-10 04:27 PM
    There are ways to wipe the device from the computer, not the device.
    06-12-10 04:31 PM
    Any suggestions on how to do it?
    06-12-10 04:43 PM
    Search is your friend. Here's a tip: look for "bricked"

From all of my experience (with 10 various models), you cannot "kill" a BlackBerry (via software). The secured/protected JVM kernel is bulletproof to software issues.
    06-12-10 05:15 PM
    Check out this thread for some great information.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    06-12-10 05:17 PM
    You can find helpful information for just about anything on a search engine. It has help me fix many things.
    06-12-10 05:17 PM
    Crackberry can help you fix anything,somebody on this site knows, use it, love it, don't abuse it, it is your friend
    06-12-10 08:19 PM
    Is there anyway that I can clear the OS off my Blackberry. I am getting a new one sent so I want to clear it all together.
    06-12-10 08:38 PM
    You will not want to clear the OS from your device and send it back to Verizon. That could potentially create an issue for you. They could think that your issue stemmed from you trying to install a different OS (which then voids your warranty) and trying to prove otherwise would be far more effort then it is worth for you.

Personally I would leave the device as it is if you have a replacement being shipped to you already.
    06-12-10 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD