Internal Docs Are Saying That It Will Be Coming Out........

July 17th

Confirmed Info My A Internal Dealer Channel
    05-29-09 11:37 AM
    If this is true I wonder what it means for VZW?

BTW- post pics or no one will believe you
    05-29-09 11:39 AM
    Internal Docs Are Saying That It Will Be Coming Out........

July 17th

Confirmed Info My A Internal Dealer Channel
    i hope you're lying.
    05-29-09 11:49 AM
    Even if this is true, it still doesn't necessarily mean a delay for Verizon...Canadian carriers were supposed to get the Tour in mid-June, which is still early. Verizon does not get pushed back a proportionate about of time because of this (ie. an August release now)
    05-29-09 11:52 AM
    I think he's right because Telus gets phones before Bell does and CX said Telus gets it June 22nd. A Bell rep told me and my friend when we were playing with a Storm that it's a July release and that he had just finished "playing" with one. I assume Bell and Verizon are on point with each other.

Just my two cents...
    05-29-09 01:24 PM
    Truthfully until its announced on either company theres no guarentee to anything.

We were told the week of July 13th for verizon if it gets pushed off. It doesn't mean that it was pushed off at all. It means that it will be ready when its ready and announced when its ready.

They may have found something thats stopping them from going forward with the launch or whatever so who knows.
    05-29-09 02:07 PM
    Ok I hear you Noaim. But CX is almost always right though, right? I mean I'm on Telus and his word helped get rid of some of the anxiety lol
    05-29-09 02:16 PM
    Ok I hear you Noaim. But CX is almost always right though, right? I mean I'm on Telus and his word helped get rid of some of the anxiety lol

hes right a lot but I am just saying on a plus note that guy who announced the pre is coming to verizon etc just announced that the tour would be within the next 6 months...

I gets that as official of a announcement that anyone has giving
    05-29-09 02:18 PM
    I think he's right because Telus gets phones before Bell does and CX said Telus gets it June 22nd. A Bell rep told me and my friend when we were playing with a Storm that it's a July release and that he had just finished "playing" with one. I assume Bell and Verizon are on point with each other.

Just my two cents...
    It really depends on how you approach the scenario, let us exclude the Palm Pre and certain HTC smartphones from the discussion.

Before BCE attempted to change their cellular brand image throughout the last 8 months, Telus did get certain phone releases before Bell Mobility but not so much with BlackBerries.

- In October 2008, Telus heavily marketed the BlackBerry Storm which was ultimately matched in terms of release date by Bell Mobility with minimal media advertising.
    - Bell was also ahead with the release date of the BlackBerry Pearl Flip.

In reality, the margin of time separating the second CDMA carrier from following through after the first carrier has released the new BlackBerry device is extremely narrow. The problem is the time frame is too wide between device releases from GSM and CDMA carriers (hopefully this will not be the case in 2010 for Telus/Bell).

But nonetheless, I did hear a mid-July 2009 release date of the BlackBerry Tour for Bell. I hope this reveals true, so that the majority of us do not have to wait longer to upgrade our current phones or BlackBerries.
    Last edited by thvpham; 05-30-09 at 11:17 PM.
    05-30-09 11:15 PM
    It's gonna be launched on Telus first, guaranteed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 10:55 AM
    I've also heard the July 17th date. But it was from some guy at Best Buy and I'm not sure if he knows anything at all.
    05-31-09 01:35 PM

Yup, if not late June, then early July. But Telus will be the first for sure.
    05-31-09 02:06 PM

Sorry to bust your bubble. Bell will be releasing the BlackBerry Tour tomorrow.

BlackBerry Tour hits up Bell… tomorrow! : Boy Genius Report
    07-10-09 01:27 PM
    There is some strong evidence suggesting tomorrow....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/be...omorrow-263858
    07-10-09 02:52 PM
    Some stores "may" get them later tonight
    07-10-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD