I'm going to be studying abroad in London for four months in the upcoming semester. I'd like to be able to bring my Tour over. I'm not sure if the best option would be to get the Verizon global package, or to get a local SIM card. I see a lot of people saying that with a pay as you go SIM it's impossible to get unlimited blackberry data.

However, I saw this on T-Mobile. It seems you can add unlimited blackberry data for an extra 12.50, and it's only a 30 day contract. This would probably be the best deal, right? Or am I missing something....

Mobile Phone Contract - Online Shop - T Mobile
    11-21-09 01:04 PM
    I don't know about that package - the problem I could see with the Verizon Global plan is that all calls made under it would be 99cents/minute in/out. But also, everyone you call in England will cost that 99cents and all those Londoners who call you would be calling your US- nternational number - probably expensive - assuming you meet locals who want to call you.
    11-21-09 01:25 PM
    The best option is to purchase a pre-paid sim card from a carrier such a Vodaphone or Orange
    11-21-09 02:04 PM
    I use mine overseas all the time with sprint its a $40 add on for unlimited data i just use the internet and bbm to text. not sure how much verizon is overseas but its probably around the same. For phone calls a sim card or calling card it the way to go
    11-21-09 04:15 PM
    The best option is to purchase a pre-paid sim card from a carrier such a Vodaphone or Orange
    Do you know if you can get blackberry data from these?
    11-22-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD