04-04-09 08:29 PM
43 12
tools
    Verizon isn't the only carrier that's gonna have LTE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 08:37 PM
    no, but i would bet that it's going to have the best coverage.
    04-02-09 08:41 PM
    This is why I would find it ******** for RIM or Verizon to not release the Niagara soon because it doesn't even match up with a year old tech, well not quite a year old but it will be if the Niagara doesn't come out soon.
    This is the Bold more or less for CDMA carriers. Theres no other BlackBerry CDMA device like it. Like the Bold is for GSM, so the 9630 will be for CDMA. The 9630 is no slouch. And it has it's strong points. Granted I still prefer to use my Bold instead of the 9630, but again, the 9630 is a dang good device. Don't sell it short until you use it.

whatevs...the att guys can point and giggle for now

but the fact of the matter is, 2-3 years down the line, verizon is going to be the place to be.

Verizon's 4g deployment is going to blow everyone out of the water [thanks to the 700mhz auction grab]

Plus the shared technology standard is going to wipe away the att's big strength of having the better/exclusive devices

sooo that leaves att the advantage of.....
    When LTE hits, there will be no more carrier wars. There will be no exclusivity among devices with carriers. Thankfully all of this Verizon vs AT&T crap will basically be over.
    04-02-09 08:45 PM
    This is the Bold more or less for CDMA carriers. Theres no other BlackBerry CDMA device like it. Like the Bold is for GSM, so the 9630 will be for CDMA. The 9630 is no slouch. And it has it's strong points. Granted I still prefer to use my Bold instead of the 9630, but again, the 9630 is a dang good device. Don't sell it short until you use it.
    That won't be too much longer till I use it.
    04-02-09 08:58 PM

I wasn't trying to put the Niagara down and I'm sure it will be a great phone when it comes out, I'll probably get one depending on the release date. I was just trying to make the point that the Niagara can't do anything that current devices can't. Of course it combines somethings and that's where it's new and of course the fact that it's CDMA.
    04-02-09 09:08 PM
    Videos are not playing for me. I have tried windows, linux, mac... All are on firefox, does that have something to do with it?
    04-03-09 07:14 AM
    When LTE hits, there will be no more carrier wars. There will be no exclusivity among devices with carriers. Thankfully all of this Verizon vs AT&T crap will basically be over.
    I also think we will start to get far more impressive devices after the LTE migration. I am hoping that the R&D dollars spent to make multiple versions of the same device for CMDA and GSM can go into some real advancements in hardware and software. The consumer should really be the winner once we get to LTE.
    04-03-09 08:37 AM
    Is anyone else concerned that the ringer profile matches that of the Storm? While I agree it looks nice, the one on the Storm doesn't work. You can only adjust the ring tone for the "normal" setting and are stuck with factory defaults for the rest! Maybe I want my "Phone Calls Only to also let emails vibrate but not ring, and text messages not to do anything at all. I want to be able to customize the settings to do what I want them to do, otherwise, what good are they?!

And yes I understand I can make and edit custom profiles but now instead of 7 useful profiles to choose from, i have 7 useless ones and 5 useful ones, those of which I have to scroll to get to, therefore making it less convenient.

In addition, if you use the default vibrate mode, contacts with special ringtones will still come through!

Can anyone confirm that they have fixed this on the 9630 so each profile can be edited without effecting the rest?

P.S. I don't mean to be rude but please don't respond to this telling me if you select the profile you want to edit first THEN press Set Ring Tones/Alerts it adjusts it for that setting, because it doesn't.
    04-03-09 11:39 AM
    Why not make a custom profile? It's that easy.
    04-03-09 03:34 PM
    Custom profiles...I have real songs for all my ring tones like on a regular phone and it works fine

I've been reading this report everyday since it came out, I'm so excited for the niagara!
    04-03-09 04:06 PM
    Videos are not playing for me. I have tried windows, linux, mac... All are on firefox, does that have something to do with it?
    Videos work for me on firefox, both mac and windows.
    04-03-09 09:57 PM
    Why not make a custom profile? It's that easy.
    No. It is not "that easy" to make a custom profile. This is a feature that has worked with every other blackberry (similar to standby), there is no reason that it shouldn't work now. Its because people will accept substandard things like this that the company will allow it to pass as completed to begin with. RIM should fix this in the phone that is already out (the Storm) and if not then it should at least fix it in the phone that isn't even released yet.
    04-04-09 01:09 AM
    whatevs...the att guys can point and giggle for now

but the fact of the matter is, 2-3 years down the line, verizon is going to be the place to be.

Verizon's 4g deployment is going to blow everyone out of the water [thanks to the 700mhz auction grab]

Plus the shared technology standard is going to wipe away the att's big strength of having the better/exclusive devices

sooo that leaves att the advantage of.....
    Funny cause At&T got the 700mhz grab too. I think it's gonna be interesting with the LTE deployment, if AT&T can get their crap together.
    04-04-09 01:20 PM
    Funny cause At&T got the 700mhz grab too. I think it's gonna be interesting with the LTE deployment, if AT&T can get their crap together.
    Like CX said, when LTE is deployed there will be no carrier wars. There wont be a Verizon VS AT&T anymore.
    04-04-09 01:22 PM
    Like CX said, when LTE is deployed there will be no carrier wars. There wont be a Verizon VS AT&T anymore.
    that day cannot come soon enough.

VZW will have to do some serious backpeddling (GPS, Wi-Fi) or else it's adios amigos for me and more than likely A LOT of other people.

That I would like to see. A mass exodus to other carriers because of their (VZW) arrogance.
    04-04-09 01:33 PM
    I cannot wait for this phone!!
    04-04-09 01:50 PM
    that day cannot come soon enough.

VZW will have to do some serious backpeddling (GPS, Wi-Fi) or else it's adios amigos for me and more than likely A LOT of other people.

That I would like to see. A mass exodus to other carriers because of their (VZW) arrogance.
    There was talk on another forum that verizon might not do SIM cards which is a bad idea if you have the same technology as another carrier. That is one thing I really miss is SIM cards no calling *228 or customer service just to use a new or backup phone.
    04-04-09 01:57 PM
    Videos don't work for me on Firefox, but they work on IE 7.
    04-04-09 08:29 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD