BlackBerry 9630 Review - part II - Initial Usage Impressions | CrackBerry.com

So we are finally getting more details on the Blackberry 9630
    I can't wait! What do you all think about it???
    04-02-09 01:46 PM
    looks awesome! cant wait.
    04-02-09 02:02 PM
    I think it's a pretty good device. I still prefer to use my Bold, but that's me. This will definitely be a big seller for CDMA networks. The software is making good progress, and will not have all of the problems of the Storm at launch.
    04-02-09 02:03 PM
    I think it's a pretty good device. I still prefer to use my Bold, but that's me. This will definitely be a big seller for CDMA networks. The software is making good progress, and will not have all of the problems of the Storm at launch.
    Don't forget all the people on GSM networks that will get this phone(not the carrier itself, just the people). This will probably be popular on both networks.
    04-02-09 02:13 PM
    Do you feel that it would take 4-5 months in order to develop a stable OS to have the device released on? I just do not understand how it could take so long that the device would need to be released in August?! I mean obviously if the device is still be worked on then any release date would be tentative. But why would Verizon, or any other carrier wait until August to release the device if say a better OS was developed next week? RIM must be updating Verizon on the progress of the 9630, but wouldn't any release date be nothing more than a guess at this point?

BTW, great review by Kevin.
    Last edited by jorGeorge; 04-02-09 at 02:18 PM.
    04-02-09 02:13 PM
    Do you feel that it would take 4-5 months in order to develop a stable OS to have the device released on? I just do not understand how it could take so long that the device would need to be released in August?! I mean obviously if the device is still be worked on then any release date would be tentative. But why would Verizon, or any other carrier wait until August to release the device if say a better OS was developed next week? RIM must be updating Verizon on the progress of the 9630, but wouldn't any release date be nothing more than a guess at this point?

BTW, great review by Kevin.
    It could just be that Verizon wants to MAKE SURE that there will be a good OS for it on release. Or they could be trying to sell inventory of some other devices out before they start selling the 9630. And for a release date, it wouldn't be so much of a guess rather than a estimate. They have a set date, but that can always change. But they do have a set date for release.
    04-02-09 02:25 PM
    Hopefully the software will be less buggy than the storm's when it first came out up until now. By reading the review it looks this way.

I like how it looks (except the battery door) and it's a perfect blend of the 8900 and bold. Looking at the screen shots, this phone looks so good! The track ball looks so much easier to use. I can't wait for this phone!!
    04-02-09 02:30 PM
    Hopefully the software will be less buggy than the storm's when it first came out up until now. By reading the review it looks this way.

I like how it looks (except the battery door) and it's a perfect blend of the 8900 and bold. Looking at the screen shots, this phone looks so good! The track ball looks so much easier to use. I can't wait for this phone!!
    100% agree with you. The battery doesnt look very attractive. The rest of the phone looks awesome though
    04-02-09 02:53 PM
    100% agree with you. The battery doesnt look very attractive. The rest of the phone looks awesome though
    But don't forget guys, there will new battery doors available. Just like every other device.
    04-02-09 03:13 PM
    so this is going to work on gsm as well? will it have 3g? and what is the estimated release date on it (rogers?)?
    04-02-09 03:56 PM
    so this is going to work on gsm as well? will it have 3g? and what is the estimated release date on it (rogers?)?
    this information is almost impossible to find anywhere on this site. ALMOST
    04-02-09 03:59 PM
    This phone will work on a GSM carrier up to EDGE speeds. It will have 3G on CDMA carriers. Rogers will not be getting this device. Bell and Telus will though.
    04-02-09 04:02 PM
    This phone will work on a GSM carrier up to EDGE speeds. It will have 3G on CDMA carriers. Rogers will not be getting this device. Bell and Telus will though.
    No this is not correct. EDGE here in the states, Rev A on CDMA, and 3G on the 2100MHz frequency.
    04-02-09 04:45 PM
    No this is not correct. EDGE here in the states, Rev A on CDMA, and 3G on the 2100MHz frequency.
    Thanks CX. I always get CDMA and the 3G mixed up.
    04-02-09 04:48 PM
    Waiting to sell more of the Storm is a pretty valid (and painful) reason why VZW would delay the release of the 9630. The OS looks nice, but I'm not into the Storm-like menus with the huge buttons in "Options". It works fine with the Storm due to the large screen size, but maybe there's an option to shrink it?
    04-02-09 05:13 PM
    Waiting to sell more of the Storm is a pretty valid (and painful) reason why VZW would delay the release of the 9630. The OS looks nice, but I'm not into the Storm-like menus with the huge buttons in "Options". It works fine with the Storm due to the large screen size, but maybe there's an option to shrink it?
    That's a great question but I'm thinking that Kevin would have addressed it in his review if it was possible.
    04-02-09 05:55 PM
    BlackBerry 9630 Review - part II - Initial Usage Impressions | CrackBerry.com

So we are finally getting more details on the Blackberry 9630
    I can't wait! What do you all think about it???
    what do i think about it ...hmmm lets see here
    i'm a Bold user.....the new style BB is a good fresh look..thats about it
    the OS is pretty much the same old from RIM with a few more little improvements..all of which will be in the 5.0 upgrade for the Bold so nothing of note there
    the hardware IMHO is not an upgrade from the Bold..then there is no WiFI and the limitation of no simultaneous data and voice
    for a verizon user the 9630 is probably your best choice..for me its not really worth serious consideration
    04-02-09 05:57 PM
    That's a great question but I'm thinking that Kevin would have addressed it in his review if it was possible.
    Yeah most likely. Then again, we don't know what tweaks the final OS will have. We will have to wait and see.
    04-02-09 06:35 PM
    the OS is pretty much the same old from RIM with a few more little improvements..all of which will be in the 5.0 upgrade for the Bold so nothing of note there
    the hardware IMHO is not an upgrade from the Bold..then there is no WiFI and the limitation of no simultaneous data and voice
    for a verizon user the 9630 is probably your best choice..for me its not really worth serious consideration
    My sentiments exactly.
    04-02-09 06:47 PM
    This is why I would find it ******** for RIM or Verizon to not release the Niagara soon because it doesn't even match up with a year old tech, well not quite a year old but it will be if the Niagara doesn't come out soon.
    04-02-09 07:06 PM
    This is why I would find it ******** for RIM or Verizon to not release the Niagara soon because it doesn't even match up with a year old tech, well not quite a year old but it will be if the Niagara doesn't come out soon.
    bu-bu-bu-ut you have the network ok i'm done being a smartaxx
    04-02-09 07:16 PM
    bu-bu-bu-ut you have the network ok i'm done being a smartaxx
    Haha, I was actually on AT&T before I went to Verizon after AT&T didn't want to sell me the Bold. I went to AT&T the day before the Storm came out to buy a new phone. I fell in love with the Bold but the rep said he couldn't sell it to me because I had renewed my contract that summer, I bought the iPhone . I was willing to pay full retail but he said he still couldn't sell it to me but to come back the next day so he can talk to the manager. I came back the next morning and he told me that he couldn't sell it so I walked out and went to Verizon to order my Storm.
    04-02-09 07:35 PM
    Lol. That's a good story. You should've went back into AT&T playing with your Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 08:06 PM
    you hit the nail on the head.

Bold is the shiat....the ONLY thing that keeps me with VZW is the network.

There's this whole love hate relationship going on.

At any rate the wait begins for the 9630. Kevins review only makes the wait longer. I think this site is a curse in some ways........oh well.
    04-02-09 08:19 PM
    whatevs...the att guys can point and giggle for now

but the fact of the matter is, 2-3 years down the line, verizon is going to be the place to be.

Verizon's 4g deployment is going to blow everyone out of the water [thanks to the 700mhz auction grab]

Plus the shared technology standard is going to wipe away the att's big strength of having the better/exclusive devices

sooo that leaves att the advantage of.....
    04-02-09 08:31 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD