tour is cycling: start up boot screen with red light, then white screen with timer (blue bar on bottom of screen loads), then turns off then on again, then keeps doing this.

did battery pull for more than a minute>
    any suggestions?
    Last edited by dernzoid; 12-08-09 at 03:21 AM. Reason: was mis-informed
    12-08-09 03:07 AM
    Try this,

Plug the device into the wall charger with battery removed. When the red light comes on, insert the battery and see what happens. Also try this and remove the media card.
    12-08-09 06:33 AM
    tried that but it still loops.

after around 18 hrs of this phone "reboot looping", it finally reset YAY and then after 2 minutes of normality it started rebooting again BOO.
    12-08-09 06:44 PM
    Hi dernzoid,

This usually happens as a result of a bad installation, whether it be an OS or a third-party application.

What you need to do is remove the battery from the device and plug the phone into your computer through USB.

Open App Loader, and restore your device (you can also use Desktop Manager, but I find App Loader to be much more efficient).

As soon as App Loader begins the installation process, re-insert the battery but be careful not to touch the USB cord or you'll ruin the installation process.

Hopefully your Tour will reboot properly after this.

Let me know if this works!
    12-08-09 07:53 PM
    Sawedust. Thanks so much for this post. It just helped me solve my black screen issue too.

cheers
    12-09-09 06:29 PM
    Sawedust. Thanks so much for this post. It just helped me solve my black screen issue too.

cheers
    Glad I could be of help!
    12-09-09 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD