well lately ive been noticing that that little black clock that basically stops your phone, regardless of what your doing, has been appearing more often..ill be chatting, sending a message, or in an App and it'll show up and delay what im doing, sometimes for up to 45 seconds... yestarday it happened more than once... i hadnt downloaded anything new recently except Bolt and Ka Glom... but it was happeneing before that... i use QLaunch often and clean my memeory every so often... i still have about 89mb left according to the phone..any ideas what may be going on??
    12-03-09 08:17 AM
    Silly Question, but do you do a battery pull? THat's low memory on the Tour if you're not running a ton of apps.

First hit Alt -LGLG, then the bb menu button and choose clear log. This is your phones log...wont hurt anything.

Then clear your browser cache (when in browser, hit bb menu key, choose options, then cache and then clear it using the options on the screen)

Then Clean your memory. Go to Options, then security options and choose memory cleaning, hit bb menu button and choose clean now.

Then do a battery pull.

That should increase your memory, and make it run a bit faster.

That's what I do...so do this once and a while and you shoujld be fine...otherwise, somethings messing with your phone like open apps. Make sure you close out of your apps when youre done with them, otherwise their just running it the background eating up memory.

hope that helped.
    12-03-09 08:27 AM
    Silly Question, but do you do a battery pull? THat's low memory on the Tour if you're not running a ton of apps.

First hit Alt -LGLG, then the bb menu button and choose clear log. This is your phones log...wont hurt anything.

Then clear your browser cache (when in browser, hit bb menu key, choose options, then cache and then clear it using the options on the screen)

Then Clean your memory. Go to Options, then security options and choose memory cleaning, hit bb menu button and choose clean now.

Then do a battery pull.

That's what I do...so do this once and a while and you shoujld be fine...otherwise, somethings messing with your phone like open apps. Make sure you close out of your apps when youre done with them, otherwise their just running it the background eating up memory.

hope that helped.
    thanks, i did that today. geez so much stuff to learn on the BB's!
    12-03-09 08:57 AM

Then do a battery pull.

hope that helped.
    just did this, thanks..i think this will help...
    12-03-09 09:59 AM
    OK, pardon me for a second while I gloat.

I was on my second complete wipe of my BB 9630 when the little black clock of death kept coming back. No matter what I did, I couldn't make it stop. I called my work tech guys, called Verizon, searched the BB site...... nothing. Could not get rid of the constant black clock that kept appearing ad freezing my Tour.

I knew this meant that there was an app trying to do something, So..... I removed all the added apps. Didn't fix it. Did a security wipe, cleared the logs, cleared the cashe.... No fix.

Then I remembered out when it started the second time. Exactly when my company reinstated the GPS remotely.......

OK, now I may be on to something. I checked Blackberry maps, cleared the history... no fix. THEN, I realized that the only thing I haven't tried was removing the "Google Maps" app that came on the phone. So, I try to delete.... DAMN F*%$*& thing can't be deleted...... BUT..... you CAN change the application permissions!!

go to options>applications (let them load)>go to Google Maps, hit Blackberry button> click 'edit permissions' set all to DENY..... device will need to restart.
    As soon as it came back on, I got a message that said something like 'Application permissions have been denied, the application will close'

The damn thing was on ALL THE TIME!

Nice to know that a regular Joe could fix something 5 different techies couldn't!

Hope this helps someone!
    07-10-10 02:23 AM
    That's funny. Congrats on finding that! I'll make sure to do it also, just as a precaution.
    07-10-10 03:01 AM
    I totally agree about google maps. I was getting the hour glass for the past month or so (about the same time I downloaded google maps). I just deleted it and no hour glass all day. Thanks.
    07-10-10 04:42 PM
    im tryin this now, hopefully it'll help =D
    07-12-10 08:28 AM
    Not sure why everyone is having problems with google maps. I've had it on my tour for months on end and works like a charm. When you are in google maps, how do you close it? I just hit my menu button, choose exit and it closes everytime, not running in the background.
    07-12-10 10:18 AM
    I've experienced this on launch + replacement I just activated. Black clock is fairly regular. Had Google Maps on both so just denied permission, will see if that gets rid of the clock, thanks!
    07-12-10 10:57 AM
    well its only been like an hour, and so far...NO clock =D ... usually woulda came up like 5 times by now...lol
    07-12-10 10:59 AM
    Well whaddayaknow, I haven't seen that annoying clock all day.
    07-12-10 06:22 PM

Then do a battery pull.

hope that helped.
    does this wipe all of the picture or personal things on the phone aswell or does it just help get the black clock away by freeing up memory?
    06-09-12 04:22 PM
    No it just restores app storage.
    06-09-12 05:41 PM
    I also have Google Maps on my Tour, have had it for ages, have always used it, no problem.
    Do need to make sure to exit correctly though
    06-09-12 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD