On my way to work this a.m., I thought that it's been awfully quiet on the email front since last night on my Tour. When I got into my office and logged into my email account(s) on the computer...there were all these emails. WTF? I checked my Tour - nada. Then I check the mobile status and it says "not connected" on BIS.

I logged into the Sprint BIS, sent the Service Books...nada. Then I searched on Google for BIS not connected, went into Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now...and THEN emails start to come through.

What happened? Why did it need to be registered again when there were no issues before?
    Last edited by HollyDay; 08-10-09 at 11:34 AM.
    08-10-09 11:32 AM
    Anyone else have this problem? I want to take my Tour in this week for an exchange and it would help if I knew if this is related to the Tour of just a common Blackberry issue.
    08-10-09 01:14 PM
    In the past few years that has happened to me a couple of times so I don't think its your phone. I have no idea why that happens but as long as you can fix it you should be ok. If this happen all the time I would take the phone but only being one time I wouldn't worry to much.
    08-10-09 01:33 PM
    In the past few years that has happened to me a couple of times so I don't think its your phone. I have no idea why that happens but as long as you can fix it you should be ok. If this happen all the time I would take the phone but only being one time I wouldn't worry to much.
    Thank you for the response.
    08-10-09 01:41 PM
    Stop the madness, please. You don't need to exchange your phone. This happens with BIS periodically, it has nothing, repeat, NOTHING to do with your device or its software.

It's annoying but it's temporary, usually gets resolved quickly, and certainly doesn't warrant exchanging a device.
    08-10-09 01:47 PM
    I was in an extended service area of verizon wireless the last few days. It always had 2 bars of service but for hours I didn't get emails. I turned off and on the cellular radio and then all my emails poured in. Sort of like you had happen. I figured it was due to the extended service area.
    08-10-09 02:27 PM
    I was in an extended service area of verizon wireless the last few days. It always had 2 bars of service but for hours I didn't get emails. I turned off and on the cellular radio and then all my emails poured in. Sort of like you had happen. I figured it was due to the extended service area.
    I was actually in my usual reception area, nothing out of the ordinary, but I noticed I had no emails at all. Just thought I hadn't received any mail for at least 18 hours. Turns out, BIS was not connected for some reason...so no email was being pushed. Who knows what's wrong with it. However, for the umpteenth time today during a call, someone said my voice sounds muffled so I'm taking this in for an exchange. A phone needs to work as a phone first...ya know?
    Last edited by HollyDay; 08-10-09 at 02:43 PM.
    08-10-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD