Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup the Gmail Contact Sync through BIS. I go into BIS, check the box next to "Contact Sync," click save, and enter my password. I then close the BIS app, and go back to my home screen. According to the Google Searches I've done, my BB is suppose to do a mini enterprise activation and then contacts should sync. Instead, nothing happens and when I go back into BIS, and go to synchronization, the "Contact Sync" box is not checked.

A few key things to note:

1. I am on OS 5.0 running Irtehun's v7.9 hybrid. Alt+Shift+h says i'm on os 5.0.0.344.
    2. I have receive email from two different accounts on my BB. One is a normal Gmail account. Another is a Gmail Premier account, which is my work email. This account doesn't give me the ability to sync contacts through BIS. (Should it?)
    3. I've been using Google Sync in past to accomplish this.
    4. I use to be on a BES server a long time ago. I have since then removed the service books. I also had a default IT policy while on it so I don't think that's the problem either.

Any thoughts?
    11-15-09 03:47 PM
    the 2 way sync doesn't work yet. Have to wait for an official 5.0
    11-15-09 05:57 PM
    I did a search and other people are reporting that it's working.
    11-15-09 08:29 PM
    My Storm allowed me to sync and so does the leaked version of .230. The bad side of it is, both devices when synced, either doubled, tripled, quadrupled, or outright deleted my contacts. I went from 285 contacts to close to 600 with a third of them being deleted.

It works, just not well. If you do a search for my username you will find three or four threads on this same topic...
    Last edited by stillborn86; 11-15-09 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
    11-15-09 09:14 PM
    I tried using the gmail contact sync on my storm 2 and it destroyed my address book, lots and I mean lots of duplicate addresses, anyone know of a fix for this
    11-29-09 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD