Just to start off I love my tour but sometimes enough is enough. Im on my second one already and this one is having major problems I was on the phone with verizon for over an hour and they couldent figure it out so I thought maybe you guys could. None of my family members or friends that have att can txt me or even use bbm with me. If they try to txt it says invalid number if they try to add me as a bbm contact it says invalid pin. The weird thing is I have contacts on bbm frm tmobile and it works just fine its only att, what gives. Could it be the tour, verizon or att. I really like this phone but I need one that can bbm anyone on any carrier. Any ideas ?
    07-27-09 07:37 PM
    Trade it in for a new phone.
    07-27-09 07:42 PM
    Try emailing all of your contacts (or at least a couple of the problematic ones) and giving them your new PIN.

Your PIN doesn't come with you, it's phone-specific.
    Have them edit your PIN in their Contacts and try sending you a test message.

Worth a shot!
    07-27-09 07:42 PM
    I'll second that
    07-27-09 07:58 PM
    Tried it and it says the same thing. I have my friends Bold right here and it keeps saying invalid pin but my GF curve 8900 on tmobile can use bbm just fine with me i just dont get it
    07-27-09 08:00 PM
    I BBM friends from ATT and don't have any problems on my tour.
    I'd get another phone. Even if it is your 3rd.
    07-27-09 08:05 PM
    Did you install BBM 5?
    07-27-09 08:06 PM
    No have not still running the os it came with. My first tour got the screen ripple like crazy just typing a txt msg it happened and this one is perfect. No screen ripple perfect battery door. But I have horrible signal and the bbm problem. Im a new Verizon customer and at this point I am having mixed feelings.
    07-27-09 08:09 PM
    Also make sure you check permission for the BBm software. Options>advanced options>applications>highlight BBM>menu>eitdit permissions. make sure they are all set to allow.

If this is to carrier specific and on several devices, this might be elevated to the VZW network level for review. Also have a VZW rep check the RIM relay tool for you and make sure that the pin and MEID match there.
    07-27-09 08:28 PM
    Could it be a problem with the provisioning of the phone and not the device itself? I do not think that those types of errors would be cause by a device problem.
    07-27-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD