you're right! i forgot about that. was the apex the gsm or just pearl flip in general?
    06-03-09 08:52 PM
    i wouldnt put too much merit into the "atlas"
    06-03-09 09:41 PM
    i wouldnt put too much merit into the "atlas"
    Why not? Why all the evasiveness and mysterious answers? I'm guessing it's due to ignorance?
    06-04-09 09:26 AM
    I hope its a tour without the GSM radio adding the wi-fi. That would be the perfect device for me until one of the hybrid qwerty+touch models come out.
    06-04-09 12:33 PM
    I would have an interest in a Tour minus GSM but plus WiFi. However, Atlas implies "world" capability...therefore I can't see the GSM part going away with that code name.

For me, given a choice, I would choose a Tour WiFi over a Tour GSM. I don't anticipate going to China any time soon...but this weekend will be in the mountains of West Virginia where WiFi is the only solution.
    06-04-09 12:53 PM
    I would have an interest in a Tour minus GSM but plus WiFi. However, Atlas implies "world" capability...therefore I can't see the GSM part going away with that code name.

For me, given a choice, I would choose a Tour WiFi over a Tour GSM. I don't anticipate going to China any time soon...but this weekend will be in the mountains of West Virginia where WiFi is the only solution.

I kind of agree in a way. It is nice to have world features but truthfully. WI-FI would work better so a tour+wi-fi-gsm would be ok with me

however I bet people would like a tour +wifi and gsm as well...
    06-05-09 04:42 PM
    That pretty much describes my perfect 3G cdma berry.. the Tour.. minus the GSM radio.. add in the wifi.

from the comments in this thread it seems the Atlas will not fit that bill.

(the comment about if you cant wait for the Tour then the Atlas is not for you; altho maybe I took that comment in the wrong manner. i took it to mean it's a lesser device.. maybe it actually just meant a much longer wait.. /shrug)

What we do know now is that 100% there will be a cdma blackberry with wifi..."soon" courtesy of radioguinea (ty radio!!) so whether that is Atlas or some other device.. I dont know or care, it's irrelevant. What I do know is that I'm not rushing out for the Tour. I'm waiting for future announcements. It can only benefit me. If a future device doesnt suit me any better (by that i mean losing the rest of the perfectness that is the Tour) then I'll grab a Tour which by then will probably have seen a slight price drop. Win-Win in my view. My 8130 can serve me thru a lil longer wait.
    Last edited by kcmoberry; 06-05-09 at 04:53 PM.
    06-05-09 04:49 PM
    Call me crazy, but I still want to know what the heck the ATLAS is... I'd even settle for what it is not!!! I don't care about the ShmiShmone 3GS...don't care about the Shmalm Shmre!

It still baffles me that none of the guys "in the know" have responded to the Atlas business at all, even if just to squash a misunderstanding!

So that means that the Atlas is real...why have we heard next to zero about it? Is RIM real sneaky and "allows" leaks on certain phones as a sort of targeted advertising? And keeping the hype on the Tour high will detract from other, smaller leaks? Maybe not...I'm just spit balling here.

This is killing me...
    06-08-09 10:22 PM
    i wouldnt assume that just because they have not confirmed or denied its existance means that its a real device. someone did post a while back that the atlas is not a device that you would be interested in buying in replacement for a tour. whether this individual is in the know or not, that comment to me said that whatever "it is" it certainly isnt a tour/bold type device.
    06-08-09 10:36 PM
    Perhaps the "Atlas" name was chosen because it's part of the Tour product line 96xx.
    06-09-09 12:40 PM
    So I am SUPER excited about all the information flowing in about the Tour...and will most likely be in line at Verizon on July 13th...but there is still this nagging part of me that is a little nervous. I'm worried about getting the Tour and then having the Atlas come out 30+ days later and regret it.

Have we put to rest the idea that the Atlas will be "better" than the Tour??
    (To qualify "better", I am the average consumer. Not a business power user.)

CX?? Radio??
    06-16-09 08:23 AM
    And most specifically, will it have WiFi? Or when approximately will we see the first Verizon BB Qwerty WiFi?
    06-16-09 08:27 AM
    And most specifically, will it have WiFi? Or when approximately will we see the first Verizon BB Qwerty WiFi?
    Better yet: a Blackberry 3G with WIFI, AND WorldPhone.

Now, they should release 2 versions, one with a physical keyboard and the other one touch screen. Same feats, different form factor for everyone. No more bashing and everyone is happy.

The fact that BB doesn't release devices with all those things is beyond me. Now that would go against the Apple things. They'd be left with their 50 000+ crap apps and that's about it.

We need devices that will last for the duration of our contracts! We can't just shell out 500$+ on new devices every year or so.

I want a phone that will still be up to the task in 3 years from now. I'm very demanding. I expect no less.

I'm waiting until september to see what's around the corner.
    06-17-09 03:54 AM
    I know what the atlas is
    09-29-09 12:08 PM
    Can you give us any clues? Will it be worth it for those of us that like the Tour or is it an entry level device?
    09-29-09 12:12 PM
    I know what the atlas is
    yes, and what is it?
    09-29-09 12:13 PM
    Whatever happened to the 8930 "Jupiter"?
    09-29-09 12:16 PM
    The Jupiter is the Curve 8530, no?
    09-29-09 12:24 PM
    That dang sal. Always coming on here dropping hints and never telling and secrets. Gotta keep us in the dark lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 12:25 PM
    According to phonearena.com: "RIM BlackBerry Atlas is rumored to be the same as BlackBerry Tour 9630 but with Wi-Fi."
    RIM BlackBerry Atlas (Phone Arena)
    They're fairly dependable source for rumors and confirmation.
    09-29-09 12:27 PM
    They're fairly dependable source for rumors and confirmation.
    Yes and my tour has a touch screen... They were wrong every step of the way, they may have even been wrong after release of the tour. The page kept saying it was a touchscreen qwerty device...
    09-29-09 12:36 PM
    09-29-09 12:42 PM
    Yes and my tour has a touch screen... They were wrong every step of the way, they may have even been wrong after release of the tour. The page kept saying it was a touchscreen qwerty device...
    true. . . .
    09-29-09 01:12 PM
    Ah, okay now that makes plenty of sense. I assume it's going to be a low-end Essex?
    09-29-09 01:38 PM
    Looks just like an 8900 with the Tour bottom and a trackpad instead. Now the question is will it have WI-FI? If does than basically consumers would be able to choose between keyboards and that would be the main difference between the jav and essex.

Thanks salo
    09-29-09 01:51 PM
225 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD