Just as the title stated, BSE is now ready and shipping for the tour. On sale for $4.99 for a full body skin until 8/3. I have used these many times in the past with zero issues. Great customer service as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 08:17 PM
    do u have a specific link?
    07-30-09 08:22 PM
    Blackberry Tour 9630 Skin

these are by far the best skins I have used on a bb. less than half the price as the other guys, and do the exact same thing.
    07-30-09 08:24 PM
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 Extended Protector | Clear Protector

i have one of these brand new if anyone wants... i am not going to use
    $20 shipped

i tried the best skin ever and they are like the cheap contact paper u used to put on your school books back in the day and turn a yellow tint after some time... u get what u pay for
    Last edited by ToNeBerry24; 07-30-09 at 08:37 PM.
    07-30-09 08:26 PM
    I'd stick to Zagg or Phantomskinz.
    07-30-09 08:29 PM
    I have use the BSE for a couple years and never had them turn yellow. No complaints at all and really easy to install. I just ordered mine.

07-30-09 08:38 PM
    I'd stick to Zagg or Phantomskinz.
    I wouldn't. BSE > *
    07-30-09 08:55 PM
    I've been buying BSE's for my devices for years.. iPods, phones, cameras, BB's - I've never had a yellowing issue and the quality feels the same as those that cost more (which I've tried).

I just placed my order... thanks for the link!
    07-30-09 09:32 PM
    Are these pretty easy to put on the phone? I just ordered one for my girlfriend and I... How hard is it?
    07-30-09 10:29 PM
    ...How hard is it?

Thats what she said.
    07-30-09 10:33 PM
    They are not very hard. You just have to take it slow. Applying a skin is like making love to a fine woman. Take it slow, do it right, and you will have a fine piece of phone in the end.
    07-30-09 10:44 PM
    Ordered two....
    07-30-09 11:05 PM
    They are not very hard. You just have to take it slow. Applying a skin is like making love to a fine woman. Take it slow, do it right, and you will have a fine piece of phone in the end.
    If that's the case, she still owes me a phone.

07-30-09 11:14 PM
    Thanks for the heads up, just ordered one for the Tour. Have a BSE skin on my Storm and love it. Has been on it since January, no yellowing, no peeling... No complaints... Had a BSE skin on my pearl before that. It's still on the Pearl (My sister is still using the Pearl) and there's no yellowing...
    07-30-09 11:15 PM
    On sale for $4.99??? Well I'll take two, thank you sir! $10.98 out the door after shipping/tax for two skins, awesome. I'm only going to use the screen and top though, I like the feel of the flat black and carbon fiber on the back and the sides are to troublesome
    07-30-09 11:18 PM
    Man...wanted to wrap my device last week so I went ahead and went with Phantom Skinz...personally I wasn't thrilled with the way PS cut the pieces based on past history with BSE.

Going to order 2 anyway...why not. If they have approached the cutting of pieces differently, I may go for it.

And for those pro-Phantom Skinz...my beef is that the bottom edge aren't covered, and yes they are lined up. if you drop the device on the edge, it will potentially scratch.

As for BSE, I've had one on my Video iPod for ~3 years (maybe more...ever since I bought it) and there is zero yellowing.
    07-30-09 11:23 PM
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 Extended Protector | Clear Protector

i have one of these brand new if anyone wants... i am not going to use
    $20 shipped

i tried the best skin ever and they are like the cheap contact paper u used to put on your school books back in the day and turn a yellow tint after some time... u get what u pay for
    I think your the only one out of the hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers that BSE has had that actually says this. I have used them ever since I found out about them 3 years ago on all my BB's and have never once had a problem with their product or customer service. I highly recommend them to everyone. Especially the lunatics that pay $20-$40 for other products like Zaggs and InviShield that use the exact same material
    07-30-09 11:45 PM
    There are some pics of the BSE on my Curve in my signature, and how they looked when I took them off. BSE has asked me to do the same thing with the Tour when it arrives, so if you're thinking of waiting. I'll have pics up whenever it gets here.
    07-30-09 11:50 PM
    Thats what she said.
    Yesssssssssssss good call....
    07-30-09 11:57 PM
    lol agreed
    07-31-09 01:18 AM
    lmao look at the difference between the "Detailed description" and the " Brief description" its like 5 words haha
    07-31-09 01:45 AM
    OK, I've gone to the website and checked this out a bit more closely. WTF!? There are like 10 different little pieces!

I don't think I'm gonna be doing this on my Tour, that's way to many pieces for me. I wouldn't mind a screen only cover though, I may email and ask if they'd just sell me that.
    08-08-09 09:19 PM
    Trip report:

The BSE for the Tour has 13 pieces total. They should have made it more like 15 to 17, in my opinion (despite how crazy that sounds). A few of the pieces are difficult to apply accurately because of their awkward shape (namely, a fairly large chunk of material with one or two long thin strips protruding from it).

Coverage is pretty good, but it doesn't seem like some of the cuts are as accurate as they have been with past products -- although to be fair, the Tour is a much more complex shape than many devices. In particular, the center piece of the battery door cover (the part that goes on the textured area of Verizon phones) is noticeably too small, though, by at least 1/16th in width. Also regarding this textured area, good luck applying the skin without getting leaving air bubbles caught underneath it -- although that's not a big surprise considering the surface you're working with.

In addition, some of the cuts seem "rough". That is, the edges in spots aren't as smooth as I remember them being on other products.

I'm a big fan of BSE products, and have used them on many iPods and even my wife's Curve, but on this particular product, I'm hesitant to recommend it. If you want a product to only cover the non-bezel glossy parts (i.e. screen, top row of keys, and the top piece with the lock and mute keys on it), it works great. As a full-body skin, it's just too awkward to apply "perfectly", and leaves seams on the sides that take away from the "fit" of the phone in your hand.

Also, as I mentioned I've been using BSE's for years and they all do eventually yellow. I've never noticed yellowing until about 16-18 months after application, though.
    08-08-09 10:27 PM
    I got mine in a day or two ago. I'm going to send my screen protector back to PS for replacement and I'm going to check the BSE. I wasn't terribly impressed with them on my Curve, but for the price you can't beat them.
    08-09-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD