yeah so like many of you guys bought tour the day it came out from verizon store... 280 ofcourse i'll get back 80 bucks for the mail in rebate.... still waiting on my rebate but my point is best buy, same 2 year contract offers same phone obviously.... for $150.... i called verizon and told them this and that i'm going to return my phone and buy it from best buy for cheaper there having a supervisor call me back tomorrow morning to let me know my options... but seriously why
    07-24-09 09:21 PM
    I couldn't even try to answer that but VZW has to have a reason for it. Let us know what they say. I figure what they'll end up saying though is that you won't be elligible for the MIR and any of the other discounts that you can get.
    07-24-09 09:27 PM
    Good question. I don't think I've ever seen a phone at a different (and much lower) price than the corporate store. Although I admit I haven't bought a lot of phones. Fortunate for me I checked on Crackberry and saw the thread announcing the price at Best Buy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 09:29 PM
    Well it is actually 269.99 with a 70 mail in rebate and the reason that best buy can do that is because it is a national retailer and they can play with pricing a lot more than a corporate verizon store. And yes that one will not have a mail in rebate...

07-24-09 09:32 PM
    okay this seems like a no brainer then... i'm going to return my phone today
    07-25-09 10:18 AM
    ran into the same thing in Ohio. Go to best buy
    07-25-09 10:21 AM
    Yeah this is true. Went to Best Buy the day before it was officially released. Sat Down, 30 Minutes later the Ticket came out to $99 for the phone. He told me $150 Best Buy Price, $50 Drop on BBs from Verizon. I said WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIMMIE hahah
    07-25-09 10:32 AM
    Well it is actually 269.99 with a 70 mail in rebate and the reason that best buy can do that is because it is a national retailer and they can play with pricing a lot more than a corporate verizon store. And yes that one will not have a mail in rebate...

Sure, everyone's looking to save a buck or two wherever they can, however, at $150.00 no one would NEED a rebate in order to still get a much, much better deal than what Verizon is offering/offered.
    07-25-09 11:20 AM
    Keep in mind, that if you have a new every 2 credit, best buy can't honor it.
    07-25-09 11:33 AM
    Got mine at Best Buy for $119.

Another thing - I tried the Storm for awhile, purchased from Verizon. Subsequently, I returned it within 30 days. Anyway, when I bought the Storm, I was charged tax on FULL RETAIL ($600), though I only paid $200. At Best Buy, I only paid tax on the $119, not full retail. That's like an extra $40 hit at Verizon.

07-25-09 11:36 AM
    Just to let you know, let's talk has it for 55 dollars total if you use 2 day shipping. No tax obviously and free shipping if you don't need the 2 day. Can't beet that. U also have to realize that these are typically offers for new subscribers, not for upgrades. Not to mention if you return your phone and try to take advantage of the cheaper phone, u must wait 30 days because your not a "new"subscriber if you have ended your contract within 30 days.

07-25-09 11:45 AM
    I work at Best Buy and have spent quite a bit of time in the mobile dept. We're almost always less expensive than the corporate stores for any of the major carriers. The cheap phones that Verizon charges $20 to $100 for we give away for free all day, plus, we wont rape you on accessories. Grab 2 or 3 and we'll cut you a deal.
    07-25-09 01:00 PM
    ok, I'm a little slow with this. I just got the Tour from corporate store, I am not at the new every two (yet). Can I drop kick this back to the corporate store and pick it up at Best buy for 1/2 what I paid?
    07-25-09 04:34 PM
    ok, I'm a little slow with this. I just got the Tour from corporate store, I am not at the new every two (yet). Can I drop kick this back to the corporate store and pick it up at Best buy for 1/2 what I paid?
    Within 30 days, yes. After that, no.
    07-25-09 04:40 PM
    That's what I did. Originally bought it at verizon. When I heard about best buys price I returned it and went to best buy. No brainer.

07-25-09 05:59 PM
    Ok heres my story......day Tour came out I went to verizon wireless....girl told me since it wasent my PRIMARY line i had to pay 249.99 plus 70 which i will get back with mail in rebate..costing me 340 at the store.....she said but wewill give you a case and car charger.....2 things i didnt want.....but was so hyped up I paid anyways. Now few days later im in best buy and i see 149.99 and no rebates or anything....I went to verizon, returned it all and walked right into bestbuy and bought it there. Its absured to me that 1st I got screwed in being told i had to pay 249 and then its 50 bux cheaper at best buy and no rebates.....lol......
    07-25-09 06:15 PM
    that is what I am going to do then. Stopped at best buy tonight, they had some left, most of the others in the area are OOS.

I was getting ready to fill out the rebate paperwork when I caught the $288.89 charge WTF? Best buy is 149.99 + tax. Even with the $70 rebate I would be throwing money to Verizon for what?

how long does it take for Verizon to update? can you honestly return, then 1 hour later buy from Best buy (existing verizon customers?)
    Last edited by dondk; 07-25-09 at 08:14 PM.
    07-25-09 08:01 PM
    Definitely consider the rebates with Verizon. If you're persistent about it, you can call and get money back. Took me three phone calls to customer service to get the two extra rebates.

$269.99 - $70 mail in rebate - $50 global phone rebate - $50 be thrifty rebate = $99.99

If you have a $100 NE2 credit, this phone is practically free. Beat that Best Buy!
    07-25-09 08:34 PM
    verizon is alot better with swapping out for new tours within 30 days if something is wrong. Best buy might do it, depending on there inventory.
    07-25-09 09:51 PM
    Definitely consider the rebates with Verizon. If you're persistent about it, you can call and get money back. Took me three phone calls to customer service to get the two extra rebates.

$269.99 - $70 mail in rebate - $50 global phone rebate - $50 be thrifty rebate = $99.99

If you have a $100 NE2 credit, this phone is practically free. Beat that Best Buy!
    global phone rebate you can get with buying from best buy on your bill, and thrifty discount does not work with ne2 meaning, if you get ne2 you cant get the thrifty discount
    07-25-09 09:52 PM
    global phone rebate you can get with buying from best buy on your bill, and thrifty discount does not work with ne2 meaning, if you get ne2 you cant get the thrifty discount
    Someone on this forum got all of these rebates together, including NE2.

Even so, in regards to the OP, the phone on Verizon is $270 with $70 instant/mail-in rebate, with $100 more in eligible rebates. Even if Best Buy offers the phone at $99, they aren't offering any kind of deal you can't get with Verizon.
    07-26-09 08:48 AM
    My trackball got a piece of sand it it and i went right to best Buy and took out a brand new one with no prob... I will buy all my phones there from now on.. and if you have the "new every two" Bustbuy will match the price
    07-27-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD