What is the best web browser for the Tour?
    08-22-09 07:18 PM
    it is going to be skyfire..but i believe it is still in the alpha testing stage..from my experience there is not a simple answer to this question. different browsers are better for different jobs/websites. i have found that the bolt browser shows full websites better so if i website doesn't have a mobile version or something like that i would go with bolt but other than that i use opera mini. my advice is to download both and see which websites work best on which browser and use both.
    08-22-09 07:28 PM
    I use Opera and love it.
    08-22-09 07:35 PM
    +1 for Opera. Started using it because there were a couple of sites I couldn't seem to access no matter what I tried with the standard browser. Kept on using Opera and I like it better.
    08-22-09 08:00 PM
    You have three choices at this point, as Skyfire is still under development:

BB Browser
    BOLT
    Opera Mini

For me, I had it down between BOLT and Opera Mini. Opera Mini would render pages extremely quickly, but the navigation was clunky.

BOLT took a little longer to render but did so beautifully, and navigation is a breeze thanks to the integrated BB shortcuts.

I only use the native browser for quick or linked stuff from UberTwitter or my email. Otherwise, I use BOLT.

As everyone says, try them out and see which browser you like the best. Good luck!
    Last edited by sawedust; 08-22-09 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Opera Mobile is not a BB option at this point in time
    08-22-09 08:05 PM
    IMO Bolt Browser is the best available browser for any BB (until Skyfire releases ofcourse)...I use it as my everyday browser and love it...
    08-22-09 08:10 PM
    Opera Mobile is not available for the BB yet. Opera needs some information about the OS that RIM refuses to give them so Mini is as good as its going to get from them. If it was available and as good as the Windows Mobile version I would pay $20 without a second thought.(Think the speed of Mini, with the rendering of Bolt, and tabs thrown in to boot).

I use Mini for everything but my banks website.
    08-22-09 08:13 PM
    Opera Mobile is not available for the BB yet. Opera needs some information about the OS that RIM refuses to give them so Mini is as good as its going to get from them. If it was available and as good as the Windows Mobile version I would pay $20 without a second thought.(Think the speed of Mini, with the rendering of Bolt, and tabs thrown in to boot).

I use Mini for everything but my banks website.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    08-22-09 08:15 PM
    Where can I get these browsers from?
    08-22-09 10:03 PM
    mini.opera.com for Opera
    08-22-09 11:20 PM
    You have three (four?) choices at this point, as Skyfire is still under development:

BB Browser
    BOLT
    Opera Mini
    Opera Mobile
    God, you made my heart skip a beat cause I thought Opera Mobile was actually on BB. Sigh, if its true what boomhower1820 (lol Koth) said then thats messed up. Id love to have Opera Mobile so much. Here's to hoping Skyfire is soon.

Oh I use BB Browser btw, just because i think Bolt and Mini are only slightly better but cant be set as default browser. If I could set either one to default Id go with Mini all the way.
    08-22-09 11:30 PM
    God, you made my heart skip a beat cause I thought Opera Mobile was actually on BB. Sigh, if its true what boomhower1820 (lol Koth) said then thats messed up. Id love to have Opera Mobile so much. Here's to hoping Skyfire is soon.

Oh I use BB Browser btw, just because i think Bolt and Mini are only slightly better but cant be set as default browser. If I could set either one to default Id go with Mini all the way.
    I should remove that from my OP then...
    08-22-09 11:49 PM
    Try out both and see which one you prefer but for me bolt can't be beat!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 11:54 PM
    For the best rendering, Bolt is the way to go.

I still crave Safari, but Bolt dulls the pain a little.
    08-23-09 01:47 AM
    Can some please point me to where I can look at Bolt or Opera for the tour?

I went to the opera mini site but the tour was not an option for compatibility.

Also, Skyfire from what I found looks awesome but who knows when we will see it.
    08-23-09 10:14 AM
    I went to the opera mini site but the tour was not an option for compatibility.
    Just pick the non-Storm version.
    08-23-09 10:18 AM
    Opera mini seems to work great for me. I might try Bolt soon.
    08-23-09 04:05 PM
    I tried opera mini or my storm and bolt on my tour.

I really wasn't impressed with either.

08-23-09 04:45 PM
    Where can I get these browsers from?
    Bolt: Bolt Browser

Opera Mini: http://mini.opera.com/

i use Bolt for larger webpages.

08-23-09 04:53 PM
    I love Bolt too. Opera mini was giving me problems so I had to let it go. I don't know the website for Bolt, really I just googled bolt browser and there it was. Gotta love google
    08-23-09 05:26 PM
    I have bolt and opera mini, but bolt seems faster on my tour
    08-23-09 07:29 PM
    boltbrowser.com
    08-23-09 07:38 PM
    I switch between Bolt and the standard BB browser. Maybe I'm too much of a n00b to pick up on the differences/advantages of either, but to me they seem the same for what I do on a daily basis
    08-23-09 08:31 PM
    I deleted opra mini. Didn't like it at all. The BB browser works great for me

08-23-09 08:31 PM
    any one try it yet?
    opera.com/mini/next/
    love it on my 8830!
    other thread mentions it not working w/ tour...
    trying to get to 10
    09-27-09 06:01 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD