I have BES active on my VZW Tour to sync with the BES server at work.

I would also like to sync with Outlook at home, too, but the BB desktop software tells me I must disable wireless syncing to do this.

Is there anyway to sync my Tour to Outlook at home and still keep my connection to work's BES server?

(Still a bit of a BB noobie)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 09:57 AM
    Nope, its one or the other. You can use gmail as a separate app with BES but thats about the only way I know to get another e-mail adress on the BB. Thats just how BES works, its only for one e-mail setup... the wireless sync makes it totally worth it.
    07-20-09 12:21 PM
    I have BES active on my VZW Tour to sync with the BES server at work.

I would also like to sync with Outlook at home, too, but the BB desktop software tells me I must disable wireless syncing to do this.

Is there anyway to sync my Tour to Outlook at home and still keep my connection to work's BES server?

(Still a bit of a BB noobie)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have the exact same issue and I'm sure a lot of other people do too. I would also love to be able to sync my wife's Curve and my Storm with Outlook on our home laptop. I posted in another thread about this. Can that be done if we both run BIS instead of BES? I love the BES sync and I can live without sync'ing at home, but it would be nice to do both occasionally. I was wondering if you could temporarily switch to BIS to do this? Or would you have to go through BES setup each time you turn it back on, and get an activation code from the administrator? Any thoughts? How do other people handle this situation?
    07-29-09 11:16 PM
    If anybody's still out there on this one...

Can you install Google sync on a work computer and perform a one way sync to Google Calendar; and then perform a one way sync (again through Google sync) from Google Calendar to a home computer? Has anyone tried a work-around like that?

I tried using Google sync on my Storm and all kinds of bizarre additions and deletions occurred. So, I'm less enamored of that plan. But I'm wondering if the above would work? Or even just a one way sync from Outlook at work to Google Calendar which could then be shared with family, friends?
    08-03-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD