BerryWeather has been nothing but issues for me. I really regret the purchase. It never displayed correctly on my Curve, and now on the Tour it displays fabulously, but doesn't update correctly.

Is anyone else having issues with the GPS location updating? Mine has been on "locating GPS" all morning. I had to remove and then re-add it yesterday. With the less than impressive battery life on the Tour, I can't imagine this is helping.

I also have issues with the temperature being extremely inaccurate (10+ degrees).
    07-21-09 07:04 AM
    I took Berryweather off my Tour, too, don't know if I regret the purchase yet- hoping they will fix whatever needs to ne fixed such as the radar map, which doesn't show nothing on my phone. I'm using PD weather application which is more accurate and the maps are awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 07:08 AM
    I would verify all you setting and make sure they are all correct. I have been using berry weather since the 8330 device and not problems, As for GPS it's locked on my location where ever I go...

Do you have location turned on, and setting for GPS only in BerryWeather?
    07-21-09 07:26 AM
    My Berryweather was doing the same thing. I went into settings and changed the update to every hour and changed GPS/Cell location to GPS only. Seems to be working good now.
    07-21-09 01:18 PM
    you should try deleting and reinstalling and then verifying your settings, I had update problems on my Bold and after I deleted/reinstalled everything went back to normal
    07-22-09 11:27 AM
    Those are the arrows I get if I chose "move location" from the menu, the escape key sends them away...in my case.
    07-22-09 01:48 PM
    I had not tried changing to GPS Location only, and will do that. Because I don't think it's using cell tower at all.

The GPS location update was working, then got "stuck" again, so I had to delete it and then re-add it. Same thing with one of my regular places.

The temperatures being reported while on vacation seemed more in line with what I was experiencing. Haven't been back home long enough to see if I'm still seeing 10+ temperature variances. As of right now, the two areas that I can use for "current" weather have a 12 degree variance. That just does not make sense.
    07-27-09 08:46 PM
    mine berry weather is off by 10 deg also
    08-01-09 05:18 PM
    You could ask them for a refund if you don't manage to get it working. Not sure if they will issue one, but it is worth trying!
    08-01-09 05:35 PM
    Mine has had no problems and no battery issues on my tour. There is an update for the gps issue I believe. What version are you running of BerryWeather?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 05:40 PM
    version 1.5.47 and it is off 10 deg from 3 different sources
    08-01-09 05:48 PM
    With BW installed in my Custom Home Screen Banner, moving from portrait to landscape and back causes BW to revert to a previous set of valid data. Then, evoking the App Screen and dismissing causes BW to display the current correct data set. So, I traded this sow's ear hutus for always checking my memory - sort of like guys used to constantly flip their Zippos.

I have 148 and it is going downhill as I add more and more SA Third Party Apps.

I long for the day when the OS will just refuse to load/execute poorly written code.

Doctor Neutron
    08-01-09 05:52 PM
    I love this app, but if I set it to update more often 6 hours, it looks my Curve up and the hour glass WILL NOT go away. I experienced it again today and sure enough..I took the auto update off of 1 hour and bumped it to 6 and all is fine. I have consistently 30-35MB free at all times.
    08-01-09 08:54 PM
    BerryWeather is a good app if you can get the data to be correct. When I was trialing it, it was raining outside in the mid-70s. BerryWeather said that it was in the low 90s and it was sunny outside. BBWeather displayed the correct data. Plus $8 for a weather app is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. I asked the BerryWeather folks on where they get their weather data from and I haven't gotten a response. That hasn't left a good impression on me about their product.
    08-02-09 01:17 AM
    yeah my weather data is way off also..i paid for the app and it was such a waste of money..im might just remove it...yeah i wonder where they get their data from...im curious..right now im in Northridge in the valley and its midnight and on my homescreen its showing a moon and 66 degrees next to it..and under that it says 90 degrees clear.....????!!!!???? what the ****
    Last edited by rockinfigs; 08-02-09 at 03:50 AM.
    08-02-09 02:12 AM
    Just got the app too and unfortunately it doesn't work well.

I thought it was just for Canadian cities (Toronto) that it would be incorrect, but it seems this isn't the case.

I am back to using WeatherEye now.
    08-07-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD