I'm happy with my Curve but always want the latest and greatest gadget. I'm just trying to make sure I understand all the pros and cons.

As for pros, the Tour is a world phone and consequently has an unlocked GPS, which would save me $10 a month, if I user Google Maps instead of VZ Navigator.

On the con side, there's obviously the current build quality issues and the $200 cost of a new device.

Did I miss anything significant? And am I correct in saying the camera and screen are essentially the same between the Tour and Curve?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered.

Greg
    08-10-09 10:10 AM
    08-10-09 10:17 AM
    No the camera and screen are significantly better than the curve. My tour I have works perfect and I can say that I wouldn't not want to ever use a curve again. Not to mention I haven't had to reboot my phone really other than when remove programs. My curve I had to do a battery pull once a day for sure if not maybe two depending on how heavily I used it. You just have to realize this is a new phone and new software so there are minor issues. And the 110mb left over for apps is very nice
    Last edited by Tdubby; 08-10-09 at 10:39 AM.
    08-10-09 10:27 AM
    Actually,none of those threads had much in the way of useful information. None the less, thanks for taking the time to help me out... it's appreciated.

No the camera and screen are significantly better than the curve.
    That's interesting. I was under the impression that the screens are the same size... are they not? And aren't both cameras 3.2?

Again... thanks.

Greg
    08-10-09 11:49 AM
    Greg, do a search here and browse through the forums a bit. This question has been asked and answered a million times. In short, the screens are NOT the same size, the Tour's has much better resolution, and the cameras are NOT the same.
    08-10-09 11:54 AM
    Greg, do a search here and browse through the forums a bit. This question has been asked and answered a million times. In short, the screens are NOT the same size, the Tour's has much better resolution, and the cameras are NOT the same.
    Thanks. Did a few searches, nothing that was an obvious hit. I'll poke around a bit more.

Greg
    08-10-09 11:56 AM
    Thanks. Did a few searches, nothing that was an obvious hit. I'll poke around a bit more.

Greg
    if you want to compare the two just goto verizonwireless.com and go into the blackberry section. theres an option to compare up to 3 phones.

but right off the bat,

the curve has 96 MB Flash/32 MB RAM, while the tour has 256MB Flash/256MB RAM. the curves camera is 2.0 megapixel, the tour has a 3.2... the tours screen is much sharper.
    08-10-09 12:05 PM
    The screen is basically the same size. Tour maybe a tad bigger the but the resolution is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Curve's camera is 2.0mp and Tour is 3.2mp. Honestly just go look at the phone and you'll see
    08-10-09 12:20 PM
    Thanks all.

Greg
    08-10-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD