I am just curious what the benefit is of having your phone bluetooth connected to your CPU.

I am trying to send a picture from my phone to my computer and at this rate it should take about 10 minutes for one picture.

This is not a complaint at all. i know that i can just hook it up via usb. im just wondering if i am missing the benefit of the phone to computer bluetooth connection.

oh and this is my bluetooth adapter for my computer.

Rocketfish - Rocketfish Bluetooth Micro Adapter for Bluetooth-Enabled Cell Phones - Black

as far as i know its not going to be much slower than most.
    07-25-09 09:29 AM
    I'm gonna use it for an ap called blucntrl... Bluecontrol.
    It makes ur bb a keyboard and mouse for ur comp. I have my laptop hooked up to the tv most of the time so it would be nice to just use my phone for that...
    Right now I use a wireless to usb thing for my keyboard and mouse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 09:57 AM
    It must be your adaptor. I use a micro USB dongle I got off of ebay for $10 an it is very quick. What you want is BT 2.1 EDR. It is much faster than BT 2.0. Wireless tethering is also very nice.

edit
    I looked at the specs of that dongle and it is 2.1. My guess is that it is a driver issue. I like the Microsoft BT stack and is what I use. Did you use the CD that came with it? What I would do is go into device manager and remove it. Then reinstall it using the latest MS BT drivers and not what came with the dongle.
    Last edited by boomhower1820; 07-25-09 at 10:28 AM.
    07-25-09 10:26 AM
    It must be your adaptor. I use a micro USB dongle I got off of ebay for $10 an it is very quick. What you want is BT 2.1 EDR. It is much faster than BT 2.0. Wireless tethering is also very nice.

edit
    I looked at the specs of that dongle and it is 2.1. My guess is that it is a driver issue. I like the Microsoft BT stack and is what I use. Did you use the CD that came with it? What I would do is go into device manager and remove it. Then reinstall it using the latest MS BT drivers and not what came with the dongle.
    This is extremely helpful! i was just under the impression that BT was extremely slow! but i think you are right on the money because i lost the CD that came with with the adapter and just downloaded some drivers off the site. But i just happened upon the CD the other day!

I will remove and re-install the drivers and see how she runs then!

thanks so much for the suggestion!
    07-25-09 10:41 AM
    Don't reinstall using the CD! Let it search the internet for drivers and use those, they will be the latest MS drivers. After it installs restart and check update manager for any updates that may show up there. Check it again in a couple days.
    07-25-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD