I was recently talking with a Bell Canada employee over the phone and I was just told that "Bell will be rolling out the GSM network before the 2010 Olympics." These Olympics are less than half a year away. Canada, get excited!
    10-01-09 05:21 PM
    There have been many posts about this, its Bell's and Telus' new HPSA Network overlay. So they will be both CDMA and GSM, will offer more phones and a much faster network. Rogers i am sure are shaking in their boots....
    10-01-09 06:30 PM
    I was recently talking with a Bell Canada employee over the phone and I was just told that "Bell will be rolling out the GSM network before the 2010 Olympics." These Olympics are less than half a year away. Canada, get excited!
    Wrong forum -- the Tour is not compatible with the new Bell network
    10-01-09 06:47 PM
    Wrong forum -- the Tour is not compatible with the new Bell network
    As in the GSM network? Are you sure about that? I seriously doubt this.
    10-01-09 07:31 PM
    As in the GSM network? Are you sure about that? I seriously doubt this.
    Why do you doubt it? The CDMA network will be around for a long time. so it's not an issue of the Tour not working at all.

The Tour doesn't work on the frequencies Bell is using for the new network, plain and simple. Bell's rollout is on the 850/1900 bands, but the Tour is only compatible with a 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA network.
    10-02-09 05:12 AM
    Why do you doubt it? The CDMA network will be around for a long time. so it's not an issue of the Tour not working at all.

The Tour doesn't work on the frequencies Bell is using for the new network, plain and simple. Bell's rollout is on the 850/1900 bands, but the Tour is only compatible with a 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA network.
    Exactly!

10char

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 06:03 AM
    can't pm gg1......... what phones will work on this new network?

former verizon unlocked storm with bell sim?
    12-08-09 03:52 PM
    Bold 9000 and 9700, iphone and some other dummer phones work with Bell's new hspa network.from the echos i have heard from users, hspa has full bars everywhere and faster data/ browsing.
    * unlocked storm will not work with bells' hspa.*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GG1; 12-08-09 at 04:10 PM.
    12-08-09 04:03 PM
    Let's get this clear people HSDPA+ is NOT GSM. In fact, GSM only phones does not work on Bell nor Telus. There are not alot of phones out there that works on this new network. However it is backward compatible with WCDMA, HSDPA and UMTS so phones that says 3G or 3.5G+ will work with this network.

The Bold 9000 and 9700 supports GSM and going forward with HSDPA+. The GSM version of the Pearl and Curve does not work on this network because it is not HSDPA compatible.
    Last edited by thymaster; 12-09-09 at 04:17 AM.
    12-09-09 04:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD