Just checking/wondering a few things before I leave for europe for 4 months with my tour.

I have the phone unlocked because I am going to be using a local prepaid sim card with a free promotion for 3 months of blackberry internet.

I also called verizon to put my american number on hold until I return.

Am I missing anything? I will still be able to bbm friends in america with my italian sim card, correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 12:05 PM
    Missing? Make a backup of all your data before you leave.
    You might have to release the phone's PIN from your VZW account before it can pickup BB service on your prepay. (not just put the account/number on hold)

If you get BB service you should have no trouble with BBM and email.
    01-13-10 12:14 PM
    How do I release the PIN on my account? Will this affect my account when I get back to the states?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 12:18 PM
    Missing? Make a backup of all your data before you leave.
    You might have to release the phone's PIN from your VZW account before it can pickup BB service on your prepay. (not just put the account/number on hold)

If you get BB service you should have no trouble with BBM and email.
    If the phones unlocked then the pin should also be released i believe.. someone let me know if i am wrong on this.
    01-13-10 12:53 PM
    can anyone confirm this?
    01-13-10 08:15 PM
    If the phones unlocked then the pin should also be released i believe.. someone let me know if i am wrong on this.
    it isnt true, the bb can be unlocked but the PIN can be locked or not released...
    01-17-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD