Hey all,

What is bedtime mode? What are the benefits and or point of it? I see that every time you charge it can either do nothing, bedtime mode or clock. Which one makes sense?

Also, in bedtime mode everything dimmed but the screen never totally shut off, just stayed in clock mode.

Any tips/advice would be helpful.

Thank you.
    07-14-09 09:07 AM
    I'm pretty sure bedside mode turns off any notifications that would make any sound. More or less like turning your phone on silent. The benefit is that you can keep your profile the same, but be able to sleep soundly?
    07-14-09 09:16 AM
    But I can just go to sounds and do the phone calls only setting. So what is the difference? Does it charge faster if on bedtime mode?
    07-14-09 09:17 AM
    Nope. Its pretty much the same thing as silent, but it dim's the screen down to save power, assuming its not charging.
    07-14-09 09:18 AM
    It (has the option) to disable the radio as well as dims the light and keeps the clock on all night.
    07-14-09 09:36 AM
    Just so you know, it DOES NOT silence anything. If you leave the notifications on, it will ring or do whatever it is that you have set for your ringtone notifications. It is essentially a screen dimmer, shows your clock in multiple formats for what you choose, and your alarm (viewable at the bottom in red). That's about it. Though you can turn off notifications so it won't ring, etc.
    07-14-09 09:38 AM
    Right, so there really is no point in using bedtime mode unless I am missing something.
    07-14-09 09:38 AM
    For me, I use it when I charge it at night... I keep it on the clock and have an alarm set, but without bedside mode the keyboard and screen stays on and lights up everything. Bedside mode dims the screen and turns off the keyboard lighting and LED.

But keep in mind that closing down the clock will NOT turn off bedside mode. Don't be like me and start freaking out thinking your LED is busted only to realize that you forgot to turn it off of bedside mode in the morning.
    07-14-09 09:40 AM
    No there is. Default settings turns of your radio, led notification, dims your backlight. Reason for dimming is that it acts like your digital clock that's always on. If you push your bb button you can go to options and change your settings. Also use your timer, countdown, and set alarm clock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 09:44 AM
    Yep, the above is correct, along with what I said.

I have mine set to when I plug it in, it automatically enters bedside mode, and when it's unplugged, it comes out of bedside mode.

There are benefits to bedside, especially with the screen dim. I have the phone sitting right next to the bed, on the nightstand, and it made the room so bright at night that I had trouble going to bed. Turning it on bedside, let the screen stay lit a little bit and allows you to view the clock without the whole, "WOW! that's so bright I just woke up" feeling.
    07-14-09 09:44 AM
    It will also automatically switch to a profile of your choice. This is something OS 4.6 did not allow.
    07-14-09 11:33 AM

I have mine set to when I plug it in, it automatically enters bedside mode, and when it's unplugged, it comes out of bedside mode.
    How do you do this?
    07-14-09 11:40 AM
    Load the clock, and go to options. They have a bunch of settings for it there.
    07-14-09 11:51 AM
    Yeah, I found the options there, but that just tells the Tour what to do when you get into bedside mode. I'm looking for an option to automatically go into bedtime mode when you plug it in, and exit the mode when you unplug it.
    07-14-09 11:57 AM
    I use my bedside Mode every night. I use the Tour as my alarm clock and clock for the night. Bedside Mode dims the screen down so I'm not blinded at night looking at the clock.
    07-14-09 12:19 PM
    Yeah, I found the options there, but that just tells the Tour what to do when you get into bedside mode. I'm looking for an option to automatically go into bedtime mode when you plug it in, and exit the mode when you unplug it.
    It's in the same place.

Clock => Options
    Change the 'When Charging' option
    07-14-09 12:50 PM
    Duh. Thanks!
    07-14-09 12:54 PM
    Bedtime mode will become slightly more valuable once a side-mounted dock comes out.

We have a Storm in a dock and it doubles as an alarm clock. Power is pass-through, obviously...
    07-14-09 01:06 PM
    Bedtime mode will become slightly more valuable once a side-mounted dock comes out.

We have a Storm in a dock and it doubles as an alarm clock. Power is pass-through, obviously...
    Why side mounted? It will be like the other BB's (minus the Storm) where it will STAND in a cradle.

See here:

Post #7

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/wh...2/#post2898970
    07-14-09 01:18 PM
    I have a problem with bedside mode... It shuts off the keyboard light and dims the screen like it should ONLY while charging. When my battery is fully charged it shuts off my screen completely. Any help would be appreciated! I would like to have a clock on the night stand at the engine house that I don't have to hit a button to display the time...
    07-30-09 01:08 PM
    if i run an auto restart of my phone at 4 am, will it start back up into bedside mode and have my alarm still there?
    07-30-09 01:12 PM
    if i run an auto restart of my phone at 4 am, will it start back up into bedside mode and have my alarm still there?
    Why not try it and let us know? Changing the 4 am scheduled time of course.
    07-30-09 01:21 PM
    On mine, when I had quickpull running before I woke up it would kick it out of bedside mode.

Also, to the original poster, to me the ability to have the phone go into bedside mode when I plug it in is a huge plus as opposed to changing the profile to phone only at night. There have been times when I forgot to put in phone only at night and get waken up by emails in the middle of the night or I forgot to take it out of phone only in the morning and missed text messages that were important. I plug my phone in every night so now it automatically adjusts my sound profile when I plug it in and when I unplug it. No more 3 am emails or next day missed messages.
    07-30-09 01:29 PM
    I dont get it.. if everyone is using bedside mode because it "dims the screen"

just use standby mode...
    07-30-09 02:13 PM
    Why not try it and let us know? Changing the 4 am scheduled time of course.
    So i went in a reset my alarm for a daily alarm. I then tried to exit the clock and it doesn't seem to let me stay in bedside if i try to exit clock.

I do have quick launch, so i opened that, just did a reset of the device. when it came back on i went back to the Clock and it appears to still be in bedside mode, and the alarm is still set.

Only thing is that Clock doesn't re-open.
    07-30-09 02:54 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD