Can someone explain to me what bedside mode actually does?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 10:50 PM
    Provides a nice dimming bedside clock. It turns off the led so the blinking won't bug you. It can be set to turn the signal radio off as well when it enters bed side mode if you don't want any calls. Just remember to turn it off properly, or you might miss a call or a message, it is easy to bypass to see apps without actually turning bedside mode off. Great feature if you travel or like me use you phone as an alarm clock when I need one.

11-08-09 10:57 PM
    I don't even know my Tour has such function... cool.
    11-09-09 08:41 AM
    i thought the clock was supposed to stay on dimly while in bedside mode.

my clock *always turns off and i just get a blank screen.

i'd like the clock to stay lit all night, while on the charger. When the charger is plugged in, and mt Tour is in Bedside mode, the keypad stays brightly lit.

D'oh! Is my Bedside Mode defective or am i missing a setting somewhere?
    11-09-09 08:44 AM
    It can serve as a few things things like giving you a clock to look at. If you are like me I use my BB as my alarm clock and I place it in the cradle at night it goes into bedside mode and I have a bedside clock to look at.

Some of the other functions are

turning off all radios so you cant be disturbed
    Disable LED flashes
    11-09-09 08:53 AM
    i thought the clock was supposed to stay on dimly while in bedside mode.

my clock *always turns off and i just get a blank screen.

i'd like the clock to stay lit all night, while on the charger. When the charger is plugged in, and mt Tour is in Bedside mode, the keypad stays brightly lit.

D'oh! Is my Bedside Mode defective or am i missing a setting somewhere?
    What are your clock beside mode Options?.... Do you have it enable beside mode once on charge?
    11-09-09 08:56 AM
    Yes, i do. Does your clock stay on all night, whether plugged in or not?

i don't necessarily want Bedside Mode when i'm charging. Just when i press Enter Bedside Mode. However, my clock always go off.
    11-09-09 09:13 AM

i don't necessarily want Bedside Mode when i'm charging. Just when i press Enter Bedside Mode. However, my clock always go off.
    While on Charge it goes into beside mode, kills LED and goes into custom profile. That can all be changed.

Not on Charge in goes into beside mode if selected then after about 10 sec or so the screen goes blank.
    11-09-09 09:18 AM
    How do you set it to enter bedside when plugged in automatically?
    11-09-09 09:41 AM
    Clock>Options>When Charging - Enter Bedside mode
    11-09-09 09:48 AM
    So...there's *no* way to keep the clock on all night?

11-09-09 09:55 AM
    So...there's *no* way to keep the clock on all night?

Ya in bedside mode when charging - works for me
    11-09-09 10:00 AM
    Bedside mode puts the nice clock on your screen and after a few seconds your keypad should dim out and then after that, you screen will dim but when you wake your phone up it should display a clock.

If your keypad is staying bright or screen not dimming out, I'd check your screen/keyboard options and how you have it set to dim out or be always bright. Toy around with your brightness settings or something.

Bedside mode is great, I wish I could display my Tour on the charging pod with it illuminated but I have the Otterbox Commuter series case so I can't fit it in a charging pod but great case.
    11-09-09 10:03 AM

The 9000 offers a choice of dimming the screen or not in bedside mode. Maybe that will change your functions, too.
    11-09-09 10:07 AM
    Make sure your options are set to this. Chose what ever profile or LED on or off. But make sure Dim is set

11-09-09 10:13 AM
    Hmmm. i'll check it out more. Seems no matter what combination of settings i use with Bedside Mode, the screen always goes blanks. Crap.

11-09-09 10:14 AM
    Hmmm. i'll check it out more. Seems no matter what combination of settings i use with Bedside Mode, the screen always goes blanks. Crap.

urs might be defective then if all your settings are right. The clock stays on when in bedside mode only when plugged in. I use it every night like that for my alarm clock.
    11-09-09 11:24 AM
    Clock>Options>When Charging - Enter Bedside mode
    Thank you!
    11-09-09 11:52 AM
    Here's how mine works. If I plug in the charger to the side of the unit, the screen goes dark after a few minutes. Bedside mode or not. If I set it in the charge pod that I just got, the clock stays on. If it is in bedside mode, the clock dims and the keypad goes off, but the clock stays on, only in the charge pod. Hope this helps

11-11-09 01:19 AM
    Im using exactly same settings as yester posted and the clock stays on like it should and im not using any charge pod.

11-11-09 06:46 AM
    There's little worse than forgetting to put my berry in bedside mode before drifitng off to sleep and waking up gripped in fear to a room full of pulsating light and not being able to figure out what it's from because I'm half sleep.

(I have berrybuzz so my alerts are different colors and brighter than the average message alert and pulsate slower)
    11-11-09 10:37 AM
    LOL! That actually happens to me. i'm such a light sleeper that the LED (or flashing color on the wall) wakes me up!

11-11-09 11:03 AM
    When using my charging pod, I will put it in bedside mode, and the screen will dilm as it should. However, after about a minute the screen completely turns off just like normal. What's up with this? ?_?
    11-11-09 11:17 AM
    Make sure your options are set to this. Chose what ever profile or LED on or off. But make sure Dim is set

thanks, had some of the settings right, fixed the rest
    11-11-09 01:24 PM
    My clock dims then shuts off. I do wish it would just stay dimmed.
    11-11-09 01:37 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD