I truly didnt know where this would go with the topics on the forum so please move if necessary and i apologize for any inconvenience. On my bbm i constantly change my profile picture but for some reason it doesnt update on anyone else name so everyones seein my old picture. What should i do?
    03-20-10 04:01 PM
    What version of BBM do you have? And what version to they have?
    03-20-10 04:02 PM
    well apparently its everyone and im not sure which version there using probably the latest and i myelf am using 5.0.0.57 and last i heard that was the latest....
    03-20-10 04:05 PM
    I'm having the opposite problem. None of my contacts' display images update when they change them. I talked to RIM about it. They referred me to this knowledge base article.

The rep said I could wipe my bbm database and reinvite all my contacts - one by one. I haven't done that. He also said it was a known issue that they're working on, but with no time-frame for resolution.
    03-20-10 04:33 PM
    i don't know if this will solve your problem but if RIM told you to clear your bbm database and re-invite your contacts...I did this and it took a couple minutes tops.

You plug your bb into your PC. USE DM-go to Backup and Restore, then Advanced. Clear the bbm database by checking the box (I believe) read when you get there! and poof. The bbm database will be gone. Then open bbm after you disengage from the PC and BBM will wirelessly load all your contacts back AS LONG AS YOU BACKED THEM UP FIRST. Back them up to an email address and they pop in like popcorn and Boom...all back.

I don't know how RIM spokesperson described it but that's how clearing the database works.

Ive done it. It got rid of the phantom indicator for me.
    03-20-10 06:08 PM
    i actually fixed the problem, what i ended up doing was hookin up to desktop manager and removing blackberry messenger, then redownloaded it and readded all my backed up contacts. Thanks!
    03-20-10 06:16 PM
    im gonna try clearing my database and see how it working, ive deleted my bbm 5 times and still no update... (fingers crossed) im gonna give it a go
    03-22-10 07:29 AM
    so..... cleared database,deleted and re installed bbm and guess what still not updating.... guess im just gonna have to wait till RIM fixes this issue
    03-22-10 08:13 AM
    so..... cleared database,deleted and re installed bbm and guess what still not updating.... guess im just gonna have to wait till RIM fixes this issue
    I think you are right; its a RIM issue. Seems to be a lot of people who don't have updating going on.

The clearing of the database cures the phantom icon but I haven't heard of anyone with a fix for the updating problem

Hope you fins a solution soon.
    03-22-10 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD