Ok..1) Whose contract is actually getting extended- the primary or mine (the additional line)?
    2) If I decide this is too much hassle and just wait until 8/24 when I am eligible for an upgrade and he (the primary) becomes eligible for NE2, can we "apply" the credit to my phone because it is a better deal than a regular upgrade, because on that date my entire family will get a new phone and all of the contracts will be extended.
    3-off topic) Are you aware if you can send pics via picture message on the Tour or only via email? I have not read anything about pix messaging so I was worried that it might only be available through e-mail.

Thanks for all of your help!
    1) contract gets extended on the line that the upgrade is being used.... in this case the primary line.
    2) Yes, but it is the same exact process, you take his upgrade and he can take yours. Its not as complicated as it seems. Just go into the store... "this number is eligible for an upgrade. please activate the phone under this number." done.
    3) all VZW phones w. cameras can do MMS... the iphone is the only phone on the market that i know of that did not support MMS (until now)
    Last edited by crackalackberry; 06-27-09 at 11:24 PM.
    06-27-09 11:21 PM
    $199 2 year price available July 12th!
    Can't wait
    06-27-09 11:23 PM
    You can use any line's ne2 to upgrade. In order to activate the phone, you'll have to go through the store cuz you'll need to activate it on the upgraded line and then move it to yours and put his old phone back on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

This isn't true. When I got my Storm, I ordered it from my dad's upgrade and it came to my house. I had to first activate the phone on his line, then switch it back and activate it on mine. It's annoying but can be done.
    06-27-09 11:29 PM
    Yes, annual upgrade works too. Thanks Crackalak, I'm in tech not care and I couldn't remember what it was called.

2 year contract price. Annual upgrade extends your contract 2 years, so yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks you seem to be helping a lot... I also have another question:

I got replacement phone cause my old phone was acting up, when i got it i activated it myself... will they charge me for activating/programing the phone if i called *228 to program it, and I did the test call (forgot the number I think it was *338 but not sure)

Same goes for the Tour if i order online & activate it online will i be charged for activation... also online is there an upgrade fee. Thank you!!
    06-27-09 11:32 PM
    1) contract gets extended on the line that the upgrade is being used.... in this case the primary line.
    2) Yes, but it is the same exact process, you take his upgrade and he can take yours. Its not as complicated as it seems. Just go into the store... "this number is eligible for an upgrade. please activate the phone under this number." done.
    3) all VZW phones w. cameras can do MMS... the iphone is the only phone on the market that i know of that did not support MMS (until now)
    Thanks for the help and quick responses. This all makes much more sense now. The only think i question is: for #1/#2, when you go into the store and do that stuff, can you keep your same number even though the phones are being activated and then switched and stuff? Thanks also for clearing up #3 because I was reading the Sprint user guide that someone got their hands on and I only saw a section about sending pics via e-mail. Thanks again for the help, it is greatly appreciated!
    06-27-09 11:41 PM
    So rev'd up about this!! im jones'n like a mofo!!! Gimme my Crack!!
    06-28-09 02:09 AM
    still debating on getting the tour for free or keeping my storm.
    06-28-09 04:12 AM
    Thanks for the help and quick responses. This all makes much more sense now. The only think i question is: for #1/#2, when you go into the store and do that stuff, can you keep your same number even though the phones are being activated and then switched and stuff? Thanks also for clearing up #3 because I was reading the Sprint user guide that someone got their hands on and I only saw a section about sending pics via e-mail. Thanks again for the help, it is greatly appreciated!
    yes you would retain the same number.... Just seems so much more complicated than it is
    06-28-09 05:30 AM
    sorry if this has been answered (i didn't feel like going through all the pages and posts)
    but from personal experience, i've ordered phones online on another secondary line's upgrade and then activated it on my line. when you log into "my account" and order it, it'll have an "activate new device" or something like that on the side, and you just click it, pick the number you want to activate (not necessarily the number you ordered it with) and fill in the information from your receipt.
    that's how i plan on getting my tour
    06-28-09 03:42 PM
    it's gone from the testman but its still up add your email for more information on the vzw public site
    06-29-09 07:15 PM
    it's gone from the testman but its still up add your email for more information on the vzw public site
    uh oh
    .... its starting 2 work 4 me may b thts y it wasnt earlier!!!
    06-29-09 07:43 PM
    i smell midnight tonight...live...anyone agree?
    06-29-09 07:44 PM
    does it stop working the day before???
    06-29-09 07:46 PM
    we can only hope
    06-29-09 07:46 PM
    i'm guessing this too.
    06-29-09 07:52 PM
    i hope... *has fingers crossed*
    06-29-09 07:55 PM
    06-29-09 10:41 PM
    the tour link from verizon says "pre-order now" but when i click it, it says that the selection i made is unavailable at this time. it's 11:57 on the east coast.
    seriously?
    06-29-09 10:57 PM
143 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD