When I delete multiple messages either by highlighting the messages and using the "back" key or going to the top of the day and deleting with "delete prior" the tour freezes. The delete window comes up and just hangs, and hangs and hangs. Battery pull is the only way to get rid of it. All other programs are closed.

This is the 3rd Tour Ive received from Verizon and the all do it. Op system v4.7.1.40

Any suggestions? I miss my curve..........
    10-20-09 04:51 PM
    I have this same issue. When I delete a couple messages at one time I get the 'deleting' message and it just freezes there. I can press the red button and it goes to the main screen but I can use the bb or back button. I usually have to do a battery pull to make it go away.

Any ideas?
    10-30-09 07:15 PM
    Upgrade to .230 beta.

I have removed 600+ emails all at once and not locked up.
    10-30-09 07:20 PM
    I had this happen to me on my last tour which my tour was bad and I had to get a replacement and it new happened again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 07:23 PM
    I'm on my third Tour. All of them have run the stock OS until last night, when I upgraded to 5.0. The freezing up when deleting texts has NEVER happened to me on any of the phones until literally 20 minutes ago. I don't know if it's because of the OS upgrade or what, but it is awfully weird that there hasn't been any mention of this before and now people are experiencing it. What OS's are you all running?(Who have the freezing problem)
    10-30-09 08:03 PM
    I'd use the OS5 hybrid rather than .230 ..... It's a lot smoother.
    10-30-09 08:04 PM
    Happens to me very frequently and is sooooo frustrating. On my 2nd tour (trackball issue) and had the same problems with the 1st one - running stock OS. Questioned CS - hopefully 5.0 will take care of the issue (they had a Tour too). But, still love my Tour!
    10-30-09 11:52 PM
    I'm running the stock OS. I just got my Tour a couple weeks ago as my personal phone and use the S2 as my work phone. Love them both, except this email deleting thing is driving me crazy! Wasn't sure I wanted to update to the new OS on my Tour because everything else seems to be working great (knock on wood).
    10-31-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD