I am on my 3rd BB tour. The problem I am having is when it is in the holster no matter which one of the 3 I have(all are different) the sound that I have assigned to each one of my contacts nothing comes thru. Email sounds phone calls and the rest work fine. SMS sounds are fine as long as it is not holstered. Does anyone know what is going on? Have even been to the Verizon store and the reps there are having the same issue and do not know how to fix. This is kinda annoying as this is mainly how my daughter contacts me, and I miss her text often as I do not have time to keep taking the phone out of holster to check.
    Thanks for the help in advance..
    03-21-10 07:38 PM
    What OS version is on the device?
    What's set in your sound profile?
    03-21-10 08:18 PM
    VZW 4.7.1.61 and profile set to loud but it does not matter what I set it to ..Have tried with loud profile vibrate off and set loudness to 3, 4, 5, or whatever I just dont understand
    03-21-10 09:12 PM
    VZW 4.7.1.61 and profile set to loud but it does not matter what I set it to ..Have tried with loud profile vibrate off and set loudness to 3, 4, 5, or whatever I just dont understand
    I had the same issue and could not get it resolved on OS 4.7 (I have Verizon as well). Unfortunately it is an OS problem, from what I can tell. Because as soon as I upgraded to OS5 (Sprint's ROM), everything works fine. I hope that answers your question. Unless anyone else has a fix in OS 4.7.

*The forums have abundant information on updating ROMs, specifically using Sprint's. That is if you are interested in that fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 01:04 AM
    Thank You for your response might have to give that a try. Is it hard to do
    03-22-10 03:56 AM
    Thank You for your response might have to give that a try. Is it hard to do
    No, it is not hard to do at all, it takes about 20-30 minutes, and the majority of that is waiting for the device to restart and power up. But like I said, the forums contain a lot of information, including step by step instructions.

Here is a quote from another thread, it's the shortened version of the instructions. Most of the software update is automated and requires no input on your part.

download, install, do not run when it asks you at the end of the installation, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    delete vendor.xml file then run Loader.exe from same location, voila.
    03-22-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD