Hi everyone,

I have just purchased the Tour from Sprint, which is my first BB.

I paired my Tour via Bluetooth with my MacBook Pro. It asked me if I wanted to use my phone as a modem, and I clicked 'yes'. I quickly asked myself if I should be tethering my phone, because 'phone-as-a-modem' is not part of my 'unlimited everything' plan.

I quickly called Sprint to see if I can add 'phone-as-a-modem' to my plan, which I heard was 15 dollars a month. The rep told me that 'phone-as-a-modem' is not available for my plan. The rep quickly tried to sell me a USB modem, which I quickly declined.

Should I continue to tether my phone via Bluetooth, but be careful with my browsing? What's the difference between the Bluetooth way versus possibly using Tetherberry?

HELP!
    08-08-09 02:45 PM
    ********bump********
    08-08-09 05:56 PM
    Hey welcome to crackberry!

I have been using the tethering service without the add on both on my macbook and work comp and I have yet to see any additional charges. When I went to the Sprint store the guy just said to try it and if it worked enjoy it. I wouldn't worry about it just try not to go over 3 or 4 gigs or they will probably start looking at your account

Have a good one!
    08-08-09 10:55 PM
    Been using tetherberry for a few months now on my simply everything plan,as already stated I'd try and stay below 5g a month.
    08-09-09 12:16 AM
    Hey welcome to crackberry!

I have been using the tethering service without the add on both on my macbook and work comp and I have yet to see any additional charges. When I went to the Sprint store the guy just said to try it and if it worked enjoy it. I wouldn't worry about it just try not to go over 3 or 4 gigs or they will probably start looking at your account

Have a good one!
    Awesome! Thank you very much!

Are you tethering via Bluetooth, too?
    08-09-09 12:27 AM
    Been using tetherberry for a few months now on my simply everything plan,as already stated I'd try and stay below 5g a month.
    Can you please tell me the difference between tethering Tetherberry & Bluetooth?

50 bucks for Tetherberry is pretty high.
    Last edited by Valdar; 08-09-09 at 06:51 PM.
    08-09-09 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD