I am thinking of getting the new HTC incredible because its much quicker in web browsing than the tour but I'm going to miss bbm...is there a way to download bbm onto the Incredible? I've heard someone has downloaded bbm onto their droid...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 11:36 AM
    Have you tried to Google it? LOL
    06-03-10 11:52 AM
    is there a way to download bbm onto the Incredible? I've heard someone has downloaded bbm onto their droid...

You heard wrong my friend... you heard wrong.

There is no way to download BBM onto the Incredible, or any other smartphone for that matter. It's only for BB, it works using the BB network, which can't even be accessed on a different platform. Sorry pal...
    06-03-10 11:58 AM
    06-03-10 12:03 PM
    I already googled it and found no way to do it and wanted to make sure because I heard different....

Thanks.

06-03-10 01:17 PM
    Good luck on the inc. I loved it, but ultimately came back to bb. For many, the inc. would be the perfect device.

06-03-10 08:21 PM
    i also am switching to the HTC incredible, with all the phone options out there now this die hard BB fan is taking a break for a while. My main issue is the updates, this new OS has really twitched my phone. I "test Drove" the incredible the other day and i have to say i am very impressed, makes my tour seem clunky and outdated. Phone is backordered until the 16th, wish me luck but until BB comes out with something a little more dependable and not so dated im going to give it a whirl
    06-04-10 12:02 AM
    I am a crackberry addict and LOVE my Tour, and loved my 2 Storms and Pearl. I've never had an issue with any of my BBs.

I got the HTC Inc for my work line and love that phone as well too but find that I am picking up my Tour more often, it's my 'go to first' phone. If I want to play or use a camera quick then I'll grab my Inc, but that's about the only reason I pick it up.

So...still a crackberry addict.
    06-04-10 06:29 AM
    you people are crazy

android here i come!! (soon)
    06-04-10 08:06 AM
    I've been strongly thinking about switching to the Incredible also...but not sure.

06-04-10 11:48 AM
    I've been panting over the new EVO with 4g,, but the more I think about it, after a few weeks of stabbing the friggin touch screen keyboard again makes me feel sick to my stomach..lol. I guess to each their own... I will have to find something that really blows wind up my skirt to shy away from Blackberry!!
    Last edited by olemil; 06-05-10 at 12:57 AM.
    06-04-10 11:45 PM
    only thing ill miss if I go to an inc is the physical keys at the bottom. So nice to be able to type, and know when you missed a letter because it "feels wrong"
    but the landscape kb of the Droid is to impractical to use frequently.
    That slide out BB looks interesting...best of both worlds?
    06-04-10 11:58 PM
    I am a crackberry addict and LOVE my Tour, and loved my 2 Storms and Pearl. I've never had an issue with any of my BBs.

I got the HTC Inc for my work line and love that phone as well too but find that I am picking up my Tour more often, it's my 'go to first' phone. If I want to play or use a camera quick then I'll grab my Inc, but that's about the only reason I pick it up.

So...still a crackberry addict.
    would it be possible to give a more in-depth comparison? lol... I'm hesitating pulling the trigger on the 9650 ... currently using the tour and have had plenty of BB's before that as well... just, maybe it's time for a chance and the incredible is the first phone to come along that makes me wanna "cheat".
    06-05-10 03:50 AM
    only thing ill miss if I go to an inc is the physical keys at the bottom. So nice to be able to type, and know when you missed a letter because it "feels wrong"
    but the landscape kb of the Droid is to impractical to use frequently.
    That slide out BB looks interesting...best of both worlds?
    maybe you are on the right track and the slider is the perfect phone for me, lol... but I don't know if I'd want to leave verizon though... I heard the slider is gsm only...
    06-05-10 03:51 AM

I got the HTC Inc for my work line and love that phone as well too but find that I am picking up my Tour more often, it's my 'go to first' phone.
    It's amazing to me how much easier a bb can make every day tasks and communications. Yeah, media player and web (and other stuff) stinks compared to the Inc. but for utility, the bb is my first choice, even after trying the iPhone 3GS, then the Palm Pre Plus, then the Inc.
    06-05-10 01:49 PM
    How are you guys able to test drive these phones? Ive loved my last 3 blackberries, but it seems that they are falling behind to the droid. I really want to try one bad. I have 2 more months until Im eligible for an upgrade...
    06-05-10 05:23 PM
    How are you guys able to test drive these phones? Ive loved my last 3 blackberries, but it seems that they are falling behind to the droid. I really want to try one bad. I have 2 more months until Im eligible for an upgrade...
    RIM falling behind is just a matter of perception. Many of the things that a BB can do is still not available on other devices. I think that the best things that a BlackBerry smartphone has to offer are more subtle. Androids and iphones have more physical advancements that are easy for the average consumer to notice (i.e. Faster processors, huge screens, better cameras). But when you think about it, you can do everything that these others devices can do with your BlackBerry, but its going to be in the BlackBerry way which is a little subdued.

06-05-10 07:34 PM
    It's amazing to me how much easier a bb can make every day tasks and communications. Yeah, media player and web (and other stuff) stinks compared to the Inc. but for utility, the bb is my first choice, even after trying the iPhone 3GS, then the Palm Pre Plus, then the Inc.
    What are these everday tasks of which you speak?
    06-05-10 07:53 PM
    +1. i'd love to see what you try & come up w/ too. honestly, there's no way to compare the a bb vs android device -- other than the battery argument. that's the only thing they have a 1 up one (for obvious reasons)
    06-05-10 09:32 PM
    How are you guys able to test drive these phones?
    You guys havent answered this question for me yet :-p
    06-07-10 04:15 PM
    You guys havent answered this question for me yet :-p
    30 day guarantee

06-07-10 05:14 PM
    One key shortcuts in just about every native app makes things so much easier

Fast, native app switcher

Unified inbox - I can see all emails, sms and any other messaging in one view, I can color code borders too.

Example - on the inc. that I tried for two weeks, to check gmail, then pop, then bes, then sms, then mms would take far too many swipes and touches.

Bluetooth voice dialing

Battery life - so far, this bold has been awesome

20+ one touch speed dials

One touch delete in messages app, delete prior, delete multiple in two clicks

File messages in two clicks, no waiting for long presses and scrolling through folders, and bb knows what folder automatically, so it's even that much easier

Shall I continue?
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 06-07-10 at 06:07 PM.
    06-07-10 05:22 PM
    HTC Incredible for sure, its a lot quicker and more features
    06-07-10 06:59 PM

Unified inbox - I can see all emails, sms and any other messaging in one view, I can color code borders too.

Example - on the inc. that I tried for two weeks, to check gmail, then pop, then bes, then sms, then mms would take far too many swipes and touches.

Bluetooth voice dialing

File messages in two clicks, no waiting for long presses and scrolling through folders, and bb knows what folder automatically, so it's even that much easier

Shall I continue?
    Lol touch�
    06-07-10 08:23 PM

Bluetooth voice dialing

Shall I continue?
    pulling up mp3's to play by any number of mp3 tag info.
    opening note application and pounding out something in a matter of seconds
    fast on screen access to my calender (gets even better/faster with 3rd party themes)
    assigning convenience keys to what i want to launch.
    multitasking.. i have yet to see a phone that handles this better than my berry's do.. and as easy to switch back and forth between open tasks..
    battery life.. unless i'm playing a bunch of mp3's and using GPS, my battery wont die lol, and it got better with the seidio 2600 battery..

i too wouldnt mind having a droid.. but i dont need to belittle the berry at the same time..
    the berry is reliable, and very well adapted for what it does, and no one can take that away. it may not have the glitz and glam of the droid line... but then again, it doesnt need too.

i work for a very big private country club, and we hold huge golf tournaments all the time, full of CEO's and execs... i've tried, and theres just no way.. in a room of 500+ people to count the BB's i see.. but i could count how many iphones, and touch screen devices i see that arent RIM products..
    Rims not going anywhere anytime soon...

so just because the BB doesnt do what some other phone does, doesnt mean its a lesser device.. it just means you want something else..

cheers
    06-09-10 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD