recently ordered a all red housing for my 9630 from truesupplier just received it in the mail a few problems with the new housing is i seem to have less reception? my signal is weak very weak ill post some pics of the finished product
    09-01-10 01:37 PM
    Are you sure you didn't get an iPhone4 housing by mistake?

09-01-10 02:13 PM
    haha no! its bb came from hongkong

Last edited by omfgfernando; 09-01-10 at 02:18 PM.
    09-01-10 02:14 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    09-01-10 02:19 PM
    09-01-10 02:29 PM
    I ordered a pink housing from True Supplier and it was garbage. I couldn't take photos, couldn't listen to music or play ringtones or anything. I would have had to dismantle the speakers and flash from the core part of the phone and assemble it to the new housing before it would work. Not to mention, it shorted out my 16GB memory card!
    09-01-10 09:31 PM
    I got a new housing from hong kong as well... I have no reception issues, as good as it ever was. don't know if that chrome ring around the stock case it metal or not but that's all I can think that might hurt it, changing that from metal to plastic. And way, here's mine in white.
    09-02-10 07:51 AM
    Careful when handling around that antenna!
    09-04-10 09:43 AM
    i purchased a green one from HK as well and my reception seems to be fine. kind of mad the top two buttons (lock/mute) weren't supported but i got over it.
    09-04-10 01:07 PM
    lol i know exactly why you are having this problem. because this happened to me too when i ordered parts from truesupplier. if you look at back housing of the phone, on the bottom there should be this piece of plastic that fills the bottom space. from what i figured out, that piece boosts the signal of the antennae, which is in the bottom of the phone. on the back housing that the tour came with you should see this piece, but in the pictures i don't see it on the truesupplier one.

i didn't feel like trying to take that piece off so i just put my old one back on. hope this helps.
    09-04-10 01:26 PM
    at least 3 antenna pieces need to be transferred over from your OEM midplate to the new one in order for everything to work correctly.
    the big one attached to the speaker, the tiny one left of the battery, and the giant bottom plastic piece with the less-shiney stickers and charging contacts attached to it.
    09-05-10 10:42 PM
    i purchased a green one from HK as well and my reception seems to be fine. kind of mad the top two buttons (lock/mute) weren't supported but i got over it.
    ...? you gotta move the buttons to the new bezel, homeboy.
    09-05-10 10:49 PM
    I want to change my housing but don't want to lose any of my functions.
    09-06-10 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD