about 2 months ago my phone started acting odd. Would freeze up for no reason...would have to pull battery and start over. Sometimes ill get the white screen with very small font sayin error such n such(cent rememebr the #) and to reset. I do so and ineveitabley itll happen again w/in a few days. I have to pull battery at least once a day. Any app will cause it to freeze at any given time. Sometimes ill get a call and the phoen will ring and the indicator will flash but I cant answer the call and the caller doesnt even pop up on the screen. Im so fed up with this crap Im about to trade it on for an EVO but i hate to! I LOVE my tour up until this crap started. Best phone I ever had. Also, i did whipe it clean about a month ago to see i fthat helped and it didnt but ever since then when I tried to get my 3rd party apps back on it I cant. I go to BB world and log in and when I try ot even PURCHASE them agian in attempts to get them back it wont let me, says ive already purchased them and to refresh them in My App world folder, but theyre not there! PLEASE help me, I love this phone...
    12-25-10 01:51 AM
    btw its on Sprint and I do have the latest OS
    12-25-10 01:52 AM
    My phone did the same thing. When I called the VZW help number they told me it was something to do with the way an OS loads and to just take it into a store for a replacement, which I did. Since I was still under warranty, they gave me a new one free of charge. I'm sure Sprint has the same policy. My new Tour's doing fine (not great, because it's a Tour, but I digress )
    12-26-10 12:11 AM
    about 2 months ago my phone started acting odd. Would freeze up for no reason...would have to pull battery and start over. Sometimes ill get the white screen with very small font sayin error such n such(cent rememebr the #) and to reset. I do so and ineveitabley itll happen again w/in a few days. I have to pull battery at least once a day. Any app will cause it to freeze at any given time. Sometimes ill get a call and the phoen will ring and the indicator will flash but I cant answer the call and the caller doesnt even pop up on the screen. Im so fed up with this crap Im about to trade it on for an EVO but i hate to! I LOVE my tour up until this crap started. Best phone I ever had. Also, i did whipe it clean about a month ago to see i fthat helped and it didnt but ever since then when I tried to get my 3rd party apps back on it I cant. I go to BB world and log in and when I try ot even PURCHASE them agian in attempts to get them back it wont let me, says ive already purchased them and to refresh them in My App world folder, but theyre not there! PLEASE help me, I love this phone...
    I don't know and you don't mention how long you have had this phone but if it is under the 30 day return policy for sprint just take it back and get a new phone plain and simple. Even if not I would still try, You never know that you might get someone sympathetic who will help you.

As far as app world and your apps not being in My World whether you log in or not.... Still hold down the alt key and at the same time hit R-S-T while in My World, App world will shut down and close and when you reopen it you should have your apps back in there.

After getting your phone sorted out with the carrier you should be good to go with app world as well.
    12-26-10 12:48 PM
    Thanks guys. I bought the phone this past Feb at best buy, still have the receipt so Im hoping i can just go in there this ewekend and swap it out for a new one. Prior to this it was a FANTASTIC phone! I loved it!....wish me luck....and I will try that trick with the app world, thanks
    12-29-10 11:32 PM
    ok, just tried that trick with app world and here is what i got after entering my email and password :we cannot connect you to the bb app world please ensure thta your device is connected to the wireless network and try again".....its connected to the wireless network tho...so what now?
    12-29-10 11:35 PM
    Hmm, do you have insurance on the device? If not I doubt they'll swap out, as it's outside of warranty (6 months) and the 30-day trial period.

Good luck though!
    12-29-10 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD