After doing a reboot do to removing a few apps, I noticed every time I press the menu key (app switcher) the BB Messenger is there? I specifically go into BB Messenger and exit the app but it still shows on the app switcher and never did before the reboot? I don't understand why?

How can I get it to completely exit BB Messenger and not show under the app switcher which is giving me the impression that I am still running that app?

Thanks,
    Michael
    07-18-09 08:40 AM
    Blackberry messenger is one of those apps that never closes. If it did, you couldn't receive new messages, so it just stays open always.

A couple of apps do this: Home Screen, Call Log, Messages, Browser, and BBMessenger.

There isn't a way around this I don't think. Although messenger is a very small app that doesn't have any memory leak problems (as far as I know), so you should be okay just leaving it open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 08:44 AM
    Blackberry messenger is one of those apps that never closes. If it did, you couldn't receive new messages, so it just stays open always.

A couple of apps do this: Home Screen, Call Log, Messages, Browser, and BBMessenger.

There isn't a way around this I don't think. Although messenger is a very small app that doesn't have any memory leak problems (as far as I know), so you should be okay just leaving it open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok, I read that online while doing a search as well. The thing that baffles me is before the reboot I used to hit the menu button for the application switcher all the time just to make sure I did not have any opened apps that were running when I didn't need them to and it was never there. Now all of the sudden it starts showing up? That is the confusing part!

Michael
    07-18-09 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD