I recently retired my 8830 for the Tour. Love it!! My girlfriend and I BB - I'm each other all day. At the bottom of the I-M page on my 8830, it would tell me when she was typing me a message. I don't see that feature on the Tour. Anyone know if I have a setting turned off or is that a feature that was eliminated from the Tour?
    07-29-09 07:03 AM
    Check the top black bar. It should display it there. This is what they are doing in OS 4.6 and up.
    07-29-09 07:24 AM
    If you installed BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 then that feature is gone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 07:25 AM
    If you installed BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 then that feature is gone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nah it's still there on 5.0.. just at the top like Telc said
    07-29-09 07:29 AM
    Nah it's still there on 5.0.. just at the top like Telc said
    Not on mine or my wife's Curve 8330.
    07-29-09 08:11 AM
    Not on mine or my wife's Curve 8330.
    I had BBM 5 on my Tour and it showed when people were typing.
    07-29-09 08:19 AM
    +1 for Up top on the BBM 5.0. Works for me.
    07-29-09 08:27 AM
    Hmmmm. I wonder if it is a compatibility issue between 5.0 users and non-5.0 users. I recall seeing that my wife was typing a message when she had 5.0 on her Curve. She complained that she couldn't see when her friends were typing (they aren't using 5.0) so I took it off her's and put the original back on. Now I'm the only one with 5.0 and I can't see anyone typing a message.
    07-29-09 08:29 AM
    They stopped displaying "is typing a message" in BBM 4.7, but did bring it back in 5.0, which was a smart move. In 4.7, the only way to tell if someone is typing is you see an "A" next to their name.
    07-29-09 08:30 AM
    Do ya th'o't it would be easier ta BBM peeps if dey had uh USERNAME rather than uh PIN NUMBER??????? So when yo' at da club or bar an' jivin' ta da fine ladies ya just need uh name ta type ta instead o' some awkard number ta git from uh honey w0rd!
    This is why the scan feature is perfect... you dont have to type anything...
    07-29-09 08:40 AM
    When someone is typing a messege on BBM 4.6 or 5.0 you see a little "A" key next to their name, or if the IM is open it says at the top that they are typing a message.
    07-29-09 08:43 AM
    They stopped displaying "is typing a message" in BBM 4.7, but did bring it back in 5.0, which was a smart move. In 4.7, the only way to tell if someone is typing is you see an "A" next to their name.
    excellent work! I hadn't noticed this with the Tour unitl this post . I actually had difficulty getting a couple of friends PIN to copy over. I know that one upgraded and the other lost her phone but it should have resolved itself when they activated their new phones, correct?
    07-29-09 08:52 AM
    excellent work! I hadn't noticed this with the Tour unitl this post . I actually had difficulty getting a couple of friends PIN to copy over. I know that one upgraded and the other lost her phone but it should have resolved itself when they activated their new phones, correct?
    If she lost her phone and got it replaced, you just have to add the new PIN to the contact and you should be fine. Then just request her or have her request you as a contact in BBM. All should be good then. Make sure her PIN is also changed in her BIS account too, though that shouldn't make any difference but for emails.
    07-29-09 09:06 AM
    Do ya th'o't it would be easier ta BBM peeps if dey had uh USERNAME rather than uh PIN NUMBER??????? So when yo' at da club or bar an' jivin' ta da fine ladies ya just need uh name ta type ta instead o' some awkard number ta git from uh honey w0rd!

Do you think it would be easier to read your posts if you wrote in normal English?
    07-29-09 09:09 AM
    Do you think it would be easier to read your posts if you wrote in normal English?
    lol... you read my mind
    07-29-09 09:31 AM
    Hmmm - thanks everyone for their responses. I don't see the little 'A' nor do I see the words 'typing a message' at the top either. I like knowing when she is responding therefore we don't type over eachother. Maybe I need to remove this version and go old school?
    07-30-09 08:54 AM
    To see that 'A' you have to back out of the chat to the main list. Then you would have to select the chat again to respond. You should be able to see something though at the top of the page. I installed the update on my Tour and my wife's Curve (my old curve) and we have it. Maybe if you uninstall and reinstall it may help. Why would it happen on two different BBs though? Hmm.
    07-30-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD