So I got my first BB (Tour obviously) 2 weeks ago, and rep was VERY nice and helpful in store, and set up my BB for me. All I had to do was use the thing and read all this great stuff on CB. However I read of people having a BB email?? What is that? How do I get one? and for what good purpose does it serve? I have my gmail, yahoo, and comcast emails set up on my phone. Was I supposed to get a BB email? A little confused. Thanks for your help!
    10-24-09 06:00 PM
    You don't have to get a BB Email account, I don't have one don't really have much use for it...

It works just like any other email account, but this one is like for example @blackberry.net
    10-24-09 06:04 PM
    Just to make this a bit clearer for you.

BBmail account is one you can set up through the BIS. It is included in the price of your data plan. It an email that will be delivered to your phone, but cannot be viewed anywhere else. Unless you forward it to another email account. I have one and use it as a spare incase my real mail goes down. I also use it if I am getting application or ringtone links sent to my phone.
    10-24-09 06:11 PM
    if u go into email setup on ur phone it will walk u through how to create one but as the previous poster stated, it works just like any other account so unless u NEED another email account, I wouldn't worry about it. Personally, I use it for my facebook notifications to avoid cluttering up my yahoo inbox
    10-24-09 06:12 PM
    Just to make this a bit clearer for you.

BBmail account is one you can set up through the BIS. It is included in the price of your data plan. It an email that will be delivered to your phone, but cannot be viewed anywhere else. Unless you forward it to another email account. I have one and use it as a spare incase my real mail goes down. I also use it if I am getting application or ringtone links sent to my phone.
    u beat me!! lol :P
    10-24-09 06:13 PM
    ...I also use it if I am getting application or ringtone links sent to my phone.
    That's really the main reason I got it ...so I wouldn't clog my gmail account with stuff that was specifically phone related. It also makes a nice spare in the event your regular email goes down. It's there, it's free - might as well find a use for it and use it.
    10-24-09 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD