OMG I killed my bb!! I was downloading the new version of bbm, I had the unofficial 5.0 and it blew up. After the download, I rebooted and then nothing. My BBM icon was missing. I was afraid to try the upgrade because it has been 2wks since my last backup! So I tried to reboot again thinking that might help and now it's even worse!! I have a white screen w/ an ugly icon and line going through it reading "Reload Software: 552."

What does this mean??? Did I kill my poor Alejandro (that my bb's name)?? I have all my info on my work laptop so now I'll never get any sleep trying to revive my poor bb....
    10-07-09 11:34 PM
    10-07-09 11:42 PM
    Thank you!! I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try it but I think I can figure it out! Wish me luck!
    10-07-09 11:52 PM
    OMG I killed my bb!! I was downloading the new version of bbm, I had the unofficial 5.0 and it blew up. After the download, I rebooted and then nothing. My BBM icon was missing. I was afraid to try the upgrade because it has been 2wks since my last backup! So I tried to reboot again thinking that might help and now it's even worse!! I have a white screen w/ an ugly icon and line going through it reading "Reload Software: 552."

What does this mean??? Did I kill my poor Alejandro (that my bb's name)?? I have all my info on my work laptop so now I'll never get any sleep trying to revive my poor bb....
    Mine did the same thing thise morning after updating...going to VZW in a little bit to get mine replaced. Otherwise I will have to wait until late tonight to try and refresh.
    10-08-09 10:20 AM
    This is a bug\issue with the 4.7 OS on the tour. I got the 552 10-15 times installing software. You can reload the OS and install the app again and it will be fine. Or you can install and app that worked great the first time, but then causes a 552 error. Sometimes you can use DM to uninstall the bad app and it might work or you might have to reinstall in the OS
    10-08-09 10:34 AM
    Yeah I have done it probably 20 times already. The 4.7 OS has a real problem with installing apps.

-frank
    10-08-09 11:24 AM
    Same problem on mine, but the instructions linked above will work. I used it as an excuse to upgrade to a leaked 5.0.
    10-08-09 11:59 AM
    Mine did the same thing thise morning after updating...going to VZW in a little bit to get mine replaced. Otherwise I will have to wait until late tonight to try and refresh.
    I should have done the same thing. My first thought was to go to VZW and just get a new phone. But no I wanted to play techy and do it myself...

I've spent all day trying to restore my OS and then I let my bf touch it and now its ALL GONE!!! All my apps everything! I now have a working bb but it's bare! nothing no apps no bbm just bare!! I want things the way they were.... =*(
    10-08-09 02:19 PM
    If you decide that you need to reload the OS, you're probably better off running the leaked OS 5.0.0.230. People aren't reporting the 552 problem on that OS.
    10-08-09 02:33 PM
    I should have done the same thing. My first thought was to go to VZW and just get a new phone. But no I wanted to play techy and do it myself...

I've spent all day trying to restore my OS and then I let my bf touch it and now its ALL GONE!!! All my apps everything! I now have a working bb but it's bare! nothing no apps no bbm just bare!! I want things the way they were.... =*(
    well, it didn't work for me. I stopped down to the local VZW store (not the one I would typically use). They asked me what I was in for, told them what was wrong. They put me with a tech, that clearly was God's Gift to the World and far superior knowledge about everything. Needless to say after numerous times of him talking down to me like I'm an *****, and that its my fault for messing up the phone (since RIM, not Verizon, put the update out), took my phone and stormed off into the back of the store. Eventually he came out with one of their netbooks and a USB cable. I asked him what he was going to do. His response was "something that you could be doing, and this is going to take upwards of an hour". (I am honestly surprised I didn't need bail money after that one.)

I took the phone off of him, expressing to him that if I had the means to do this right now, I wouldn't be standing here. Talked with a buddy of mine thats an ASM, and he asked me why they would re-intall the software instead of giving me a new phone, that its tons easier. He told me he's going to look up who helped me and report him.

So, I'm just going to install the 5.0 Beta when I get home from work at 9:30 tonight.
    Last edited by dilligaf79; 10-08-09 at 03:05 PM.
    10-08-09 02:36 PM
    I've always had good experiences with Verizon by phone. In the store, so-so. Call Corporate if you have a problem or if you're mistreated in a store. Also, as anyone here will tell you, you'll get more mileage by being polite.

Edit: Not to imply you weren't polite.. but the recommendation holds for calling Corporate.
    10-08-09 02:58 PM
    i have the RELOAD software 552 on my screen after trying to update bbm to 5.0! Im not real tech savy, is this easy to fix my os using the link provided? will all my apps be gone etc?
    10-08-09 03:01 PM
    well, it didn't work for me. I stopped down to the local VZW store (not the one I would typically use). They asked me what I was in for, told them what was wrong. They put me with a tech, that clearly was God's Gift to the World and far superior knowledge about everything. Needless to say after numerous times of him talking down to me like I'm an *****, and that its my fault for messing up the phone (since RIM, not Verizon, put the update out), took my phone and stormed off into the back of the store. Eventually he came out with one of their netbooks and a USB cable. I asked him what he was going to do. His response was "something that you could be doing, and this is going to take upwards of an hour". (I am honestly surprised I didn't need bail money after that one.)

I took the phone off of him, expressing to him that if I had the means to do this right now, I wouldn't be standing here. Talked with a buddy of mine thats an ASM, and he asked me why they would re-intall the software instead of giving me a new phone, that its tons easier. He told me he's going to look up who helped me and report him.

So, I'm just going to install the 5.0 Beta when I get home from work at 9:30 tonight.

WOW!!! I'm surprised you didn't hurt him! I know I would have! Well I just spent and hour on the phone w/ the vzw tech support. She did say they would have given me a new phone if I went into the store. I hope that rep you dealt w/ gets reported!!

Good news is some of my apps are back... now I have to try to remember what other apps I had and try to get them back... I've also bought a few from the app store. I hope I can reinstall w/o an issue!! My BF is inisisting on the 5.0 OS. So I'm guessing he's right?? I just don't want to lose my bb again!! This has been a rough 12 hrs!
    10-08-09 03:03 PM
    i have the RELOAD software 552 on my screen after trying to update bbm to 5.0! Im not real tech savy, is this easy to fix my os using the link provided? will all my apps be gone etc?
    GOOD LUCK! I lost all of mine...
    10-08-09 03:04 PM
    link for os 5.0 for my burned bb vzw tour? help thanks all
    10-08-09 03:04 PM
    I've always had good experiences with Verizon by phone. In the store, so-so. Call Corporate if you have a problem or if you're mistreated in a store. Also, as anyone here will tell you, you'll get more mileage by being polite.

Edit: Not to imply you weren't polite.. but the recommendation holds for calling Corporate.
    I agree 100%. Like I said, I talked to an ASM (friend of mine), and he's going to write him up. Says he can do it, even though he's not from that store.
    10-08-09 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD