I have a Tour with Verizon and I was wondering since this is a global phone and also in the network seetings you can select GSM/UMTS, 1zEv or global if I can use it on the ATT GSM network. When I select GSM now on the phone I get SOS in red. I am guessing this is because the phone is not unlocked? I am just wondering if someone could tell me if I can do this and how to get that to work and if there are any costs in doing so. Thanks!
    01-13-10 08:28 AM
    Unlock the phone, and insert an AT&T SIM card. You can use it on AT&T. You cannot use it on CDMA and GSM at the same time though. One or the other.
    01-13-10 08:41 AM
    I'm on GSM network it works perfectly.
    01-13-10 08:42 AM
    How do I unlock the phone and does it cost anything?
    01-13-10 08:44 AM
    Your phone might already be unlocked. Mine came from sprint, and was unlocked out of the box. You issue with SOS only is that you probably still have the verizon SIM card in there. Replace it with another SIM and it should work.
    01-13-10 10:01 AM
    How do I unlock the phone and does it cost anything?
    You can call Verizon and tell them you will be traveling and would like to use your foreign SIM card and they should give you the code for free. There are certain guidelines that need to be met in order for them to release the code.

If they don't, you can buy the unlock code from us.
    01-13-10 10:15 AM
    So from what you guys are telling me is to get my phone unlocked and get a SIM card from like ATT and it should then work on their network? Would I also have to get a calling plan with them? I seen that the SIM card in mine says Voda Phone on it do they have wireless services also?
    01-13-10 10:40 AM
    So from what you guys are telling me is to get my phone unlocked and get a SIM card from like ATT and it should then work on their network? Would I also have to get a calling plan with them? I seen that the SIM card in mine says Voda Phone on it do they have wireless services also?
    Yes you would need to get a plan from ATT or T-Mobile if you want to use that provider with your Blackberry.

The Vodafone SIM card that comes with your phone is only meant for roaming overseas if you decide to use your Verizon service when traveling (which we don't recommend)
    01-13-10 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD