11-03-09 08:21 PM
37 12
tools
    Nothing replaces the battery pull in my opinion, especially if the device is acting buggy. QuickPull is a great way to free up memory in between battery pulls. To do a true reset the device must "die" meaning no power source at all, in which the battery must be removed. When in doubt, power out...
    09-09-09 08:54 PM
    Actually the alt/shift/del is called a soft reset. Doing that same thing twice (before phone boots right when you see red LED) is called a hard reset which is the same thing as pulling battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:02 PM
    i agree SD, nothing beats a true hard reset by pulling the battery.Whats with the same pics.....CK and SD?.....cute...lol.
    Last edited by yurtletheturtle; 09-09-09 at 09:09 PM.
    09-09-09 09:04 PM
    Nothing replaces the battery pull in my opinion, especially if the device is acting buggy. QuickPull is a great way to free up memory in between battery pulls. To do a true reset the device must "die" meaning no power source at all, in which the battery must be removed. When in doubt, power out...
    This man speaks volumes of truth!

I have to say though, I was always fond of "when it doubt, rip it out"
    09-09-09 09:05 PM
    ok while typing that message 2 posts were posted before mine, sorry for the 3rd response
    You obviously didnt read .............. LOL j/k
    09-09-09 09:05 PM
    What do you mean, reset your speed dials?? I have it do a quickpull every night and do a true hard reset by removing the battery every once in a while when I have time to wait for the reboot. I have never lost my speed dials. Do tou acvtually lose yours, or do you just think this will happen? BTW, quickpull is not a "true" reboot. A "true" reboot consists of actually pulling the battery out. When using quickpull, there is always power to the phone(the power is never disrupted) pulling the battery out truely disrupts the power to the phone and actually does a true reboot.
    The speed dial default for "A" is lock system "Q" is vibrate and "W" is voicemail. I set those letters for other phone #s but after a reset they go back to their default values.
    09-09-09 09:10 PM
    oh....I understand now...I never changed those speed dials. All of the ones I set to others numbers always stay though. Weird.
    09-09-09 09:13 PM
    I can honestly say my Tour has never crashed. I have done a soft reset every day or two - as "PM"... But zero crashes.

And I've had it since 2 days after launch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:31 PM
    seems like when I text ppl on Alltel or from Canada my phone runs slow
    09-09-09 10:54 PM
    quickpull ftw.

I just got it, but I've had my Tour for over a week, haven't even shut it down or restarted it since. No real problems, but then again maybe cause it's only been a week?

who knows...
    09-09-09 11:02 PM
    quickpull ftw.

I just got it, but I've had my Tour for over a week, haven't even shut it down or restarted it since. No real problems, but then again maybe cause it's only been a week?

who knows...
    Anyone who currently uses Quickpull or has used it in the past: do you have it working with with OS 5.0? I love the application but haven't had any luck with it on the new OS.
    11-03-09 08:19 PM
    Never need to soft reset my Tour
    11-03-09 08:21 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD