I had a curve and did a battery pull everyday but that wore out the cover and got annoying. Is that really necessary on the tour? Can i just clear the cache and cookie files through the browser options.
    09-09-09 07:36 PM
    You could download quickpull from app world. You might have to do a quick any given bb model.
    09-09-09 07:43 PM
    I have had mine up since I bought it at release. No reboot necessary here. 111mb free. YMMV
    09-09-09 07:44 PM
    alt+right shift+delete does the trick
    09-09-09 07:46 PM
    The only time I do a battery pull on my Tour is after I install a 3rd party application or theme...
    09-09-09 07:46 PM
    never had to pull the battery since July. Only did resets because of downloading and testing themes.

Tour is solid...like a rock : )
    09-09-09 07:47 PM
    I've never had to do a battery pull and I've had it since day 1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 07:51 PM
    Not nearly as often as it was on my Pearl!

I have quickpull installed and it does a battery pull every night at 3AM, just to keep things neat and running smoothly!
    09-09-09 07:57 PM
    You could download quickpull from app world. You might have to do a quick any given bb model.
    +1. Why not QuickPull once a night? It's free.
    09-09-09 07:59 PM
    instead of removing battery, you can also press alt + right shift + delete

Rebooting the phone should be performed everytime you download/install or remove an app , also some do it on a weekly basis, helps keep the phone running smoothly.

obviously you didn't read like 2 posts up from when you posted this....
    09-09-09 08:07 PM
    You can press alt+right shift+delete.......

lol, sorry myersau, I had to do it :P
    09-09-09 08:11 PM
    Only time it gets slow is after javascript intensive pages which I rarely enable. Even then won't drop below 100 but can act tired for very short while after.

09-09-09 08:11 PM
    You can press alt+right shift+delete.......

lol, sorry myersau, I had to do it :P
    haha, its cool, i actually laughed...I wasn't trying to be rude to that guy I just don't understand why people don't read the entire thread before posting....thanks for the laugh tho mhock86
    09-09-09 08:13 PM
    lol. Eh, sometimes I do stuff like that too, just read the OP then respond. This thread is pretty short though, but I know everyone does it at some point.

Anyways, to answer his qeustion, no you dont have to do a batter pull, just press alt+rig.......oh right, we already went through this....
    09-09-09 08:17 PM
    Actually, when i started to reply , your post, severe's'and CK's werent there. I had a phone call right in the middle of my reply and only after i entered my reply, i noticed you guys beat me to it. Sorry , but obviously i wouldnt have repeated basically same thing as you guys.

* i deleted my post, if it helps.

Last edited by GG1; 09-09-09 at 08:22 PM.
    09-09-09 08:17 PM
    Let's play nice...
    09-09-09 08:18 PM
    +1. Why not QuickPull once a night? It's free.
    Here's one reason not to every night. You have to reset your speed dial , specifically letters A,Q and W after each reset.
    09-09-09 08:30 PM
    i never have to do a battery pull, only when it asked me to if I'm deleting 3rd party apps or something.. other then that, no reboot is needed
    09-09-09 08:33 PM
    what do you mean right?

what does it do?

all at the same time?
    09-09-09 08:47 PM
    is this doing the same thing as the quik pull software? are there any downsides to doing this?
    09-09-09 08:50 PM
    what do you mean right?

what does it do?

all at the same time?
    Its like doing ctrl+alt+delete on a Windows computer.

Yes, all three buttons at once, the alt key located on the left side, the RIGHT shift key (there is a shift on the left, that wont work), and delete.
    09-09-09 08:51 PM
    There are 2 shift keys, one one left and one on right side, one key over from space bar.
    Yes you have to hold them all at same time.
    09-09-09 08:51 PM
    pressing alt+right shift+del keys will completely reboot your device, it is the same thing as manually removing your battery but obviously you don't have to manually remove the battery door and remove the battery and re-insert it
    09-09-09 08:52 PM
    What do you mean, reset your speed dials?? I have it do a quickpull every night and do a true hard reset by removing the battery every once in a while when I have time to wait for the reboot. I have never lost my speed dials. Do tou acvtually lose yours, or do you just think this will happen? BTW, quickpull is not a "true" reboot. A "true" reboot consists of actually pulling the battery out. When using quickpull, there is always power to the phone(the power is never disrupted) pulling the battery out truely disrupts the power to the phone and actually does a true reboot.
    Last edited by yurtletheturtle; 09-09-09 at 08:59 PM.
    09-09-09 08:53 PM
    ok while typing that message 2 posts were posted before mine, sorry for the 3rd response
    09-09-09 08:53 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD