Hey guys...new to this great stuff.

I bought an Otterbox which means a battery pull for my Tour (Verizon) is a pain in the you know what. I had Quickpull until it got lost with a RIM 5.0 update. I go back to appworld and everybody is complaining about Quickpull. Are there other alternatives? Someone suggested bbhybrid in another thread. Do they help? What do they do? Do I 86 RIM software on my BB in order to use hybrid software?

04-09-10 12:11 AM
    Alt+right shift+del
    04-09-10 12:16 AM
    Quickpull works fine for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 12:24 AM
    Many people have said that QuickPull doesn't work. On the .230 leak, QuickPull Lite worked great. When I upgraded to .591, the permissions messed the app up. After downgrading to .484, QuickPull seems to be working fine for me again.
    04-09-10 12:51 AM
    Alt+right shift+del
    this is the way to go!!
    but in my opinion a battery pull once a month wouldn't hurt!
    04-09-10 01:27 AM
    I have a simpler and saner option. Just don't bother with resets unless the phone
    freezes completely or an OS update, app install / delete requires it.

Battery pulls / resets are not "magic bullets", are not meant for memory management
    and by and large wholly unnecessary no matter how much it is hyped as a "cure all"
    04-09-10 02:10 AM
    I have a simpler and saner option. Just don't bother with resets unless the phone
    freezes completely or an OS update, app install / delete requires it.

Battery pulls / resets are not "magic bullets", are not meant for memory management
    and by and large wholly unnecessary no matter how much it is hyped as a "cure all"
    Agree 100%, the alt+right shift+ delete will work as well when and if you have to, and finally if you have the latest Quick Pull version it will work fine with 5.0, I have had no trouble with it.
    04-09-10 06:43 AM
    and finally if you have the latest Quick Pull version it will work fine with 5.0, I have had no trouble with it.
    Is there a version later than 3.9.99.0? That is what I have on my tour and it isn't working with 591...
    04-09-10 09:18 AM
    I like the Alt+Right Shift+Delete. I've been using OtterBox Defenders for about three years now and the protection there offer is astounding. My BlackBerry devices have survived some pretty amazing things. They're a well supported product, I have a problem with my 9700 Bold holster, contacted the company, and received a replacement holster 2 days later.

I have to disagree reference the effectiveness of removing the battery from a BlackBerry Device. To clarify, I'm not talking about a quick out and in, I'm talking about removing the battery and leaving the battery out for at least 20 - 30 minutes before re-inserting it. This technique has solved some pretty strange issues I have run into over the years. When I get to the point in my device trouble shooting, and the BlackBerry still boots, where the next step is to wipe a device or re-install the device OS, I make it a habit to disconnect the device from the computer, removing its battery, and putting it aside, while I turn to deal with my next issue. More often than not, when I re-insert the battery and the device boots back up, the problem has resolved itself.
    04-09-10 12:49 PM
    i noticed my quick pull wasnt working today and then i got an annoying fwd text with an audio then everytime i got a call or a message the audio would play even after i deleted the message i thought it was weird and pulled my battery and now my phone wont start back up i know this isnt the best forum for this question but i need some help
    04-09-10 04:30 PM

I bought an Otterbox which means a battery pull for my Tour (Verizon) is a pain in the you know what. I had Quickpull until it got lost with a RIM 5.0 update. I go back to appworld and everybody is complaining about Quickpull. Are there other alternatives? Someone suggested bbhybrid in another thread. Do they help? What do they do? Do I 86 RIM software on my BB in order to use hybrid software?

From your home screen Dial ##000000 and press send. This will open up a hidden screen as I call it. Scroll down to SIP Password and type in VZW then Options and select Save. This will reset your phone just like a battery pull. I don't think it matters what carrier you are with. Have tried it with both Alltel and Verizon. It has worked on a curve, tour and storm 2.

04-13-10 12:58 AM
    quickpull free works just fine on .591...
    04-13-10 09:42 AM
    I've had no problems with QP after upgrading.
    04-13-10 10:02 AM
    quickpull free works just fine on .591...
    I've had no problems with QP after upgrading.
    I don't know how you did it then. It doesn't work for me and Steelthorn Software admits the issue (although they blame it on RIM).

Steelthorn Software � QuickPull and BlackBerry OS versions 5.0.0.400-5.0.0.710
    04-13-10 10:51 AM
    alt+shift+del is what I use. Every 3 to 4 days I do it just for because. No need to physically remove the battery 99% of the time.
    04-13-10 03:18 PM
    I don't know how you did it then. It doesn't work for me and Steelthorn Software admits the issue (although they blame it on RIM).

Steelthorn Software � QuickPull and BlackBerry OS versions 5.0.0.400-5.0.0.710
    I've lost Quick Pull Pro and Free after upgrading OS to .484 and .591
    Currently back on .419 and still have issues, I did find that Steelthorn recommends not using OS versions higher than .400.
    What a bunch of BS!
    Last edited by mileaway; 04-13-10 at 05:14 PM.
    04-13-10 05:10 PM

Quicklaunch and Meterberry both have reset features and are awesome apps!

04-13-10 07:18 PM
    Quicklaunch and Meterberry both have reset features and are awesome apps!

These both do work with .591, BUT they both require user interaction because of an extra button you have to click. I think when most people refer to them not working they are talking about scheduled resets. Since the OSs above .5xx require the extra click of the "reset now" button scheduled resets wont work.
    04-13-10 08:31 PM
    These both do work with .591, BUT they both require user interaction because of an extra button you have to click. I think when most people refer to them not working they are talking about scheduled resets. Since the OSs above .5xx require the extra click of the "reset now" button scheduled resets wont work.
    Exactly. The only thing that I really used the QuickPull software for was the scheduled reset (would schedule to reset overnight). If that doesn't (or won't) work, I just use the alt-shift-del method since I would have to press a button anyway.
    04-14-10 08:19 AM
    I've lost Quick Pull Pro and Free after upgrading OS to .484 and .591
    Currently back on .419 and still have issues, I did find that Steelthorn recommends not using OS versions higher than .400.
    What a bunch of BS!
    Well, for Steelthorn, they claim it's not really their fault. Not knowing the underlying software, it's hard to know who's really at fault with this. But, with an OS that keeps changing, I can definitely see how it can be hard for a software developer to maintain their software. Particularly when the software worked fine prior to certain revision (like 5.0.0.419).
    04-14-10 08:22 AM
    Why won't "alt+shift+del" work on my Tour????
    04-14-10 09:52 AM
    Why won't "alt+shift+del" work on my Tour????
    Make sure its "alt + right shift + del".
    04-14-10 11:07 AM
    Thanks everyone. You guys know a lot! This community is as cool as Ubuntu
    04-19-10 02:34 PM
    So, what's the difference between alt+right shift+del and a physical battery pull?

They both reset the device, but what does the physical battery pull do that the keyboard reset doesn't?
    04-19-10 02:40 PM
    So, what's the difference between alt+right shift+del and a physical battery pull?

They both reset the device, but what does the physical battery pull do that the keyboard reset doesn't?
    QuickPull simulates a battery pull, nuff said. In order for a true reboot to occur, power must be removed from the device to allow the capacitors to "Die". When in doubt, power out...
    04-19-10 02:47 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD